Collar Addicts Anonymous

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Who else has a collar addiction problem? :popcorn:

I just ordered Rylie another Paco Collar yesterday that will be named The Rylie (she's famous!). I'm going to be stalking my mailbox every day until it arrives:

The Rylie by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

I'm having a custom collar made for Rory from Whiplash Leather in the near future (we're discussing the design and she's seeing if she can get the bullhide color I want).

It will be similar to the picture below, but with red bullhide and celtic conchos:

And I'm also going to order Rory another Paco Collar- The Veronica, brass, in a martingale.

I know there are a ton of other addicts out there! What are you planning on adding to the collection in the near future? Pictures please!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Beautiful collars!

I am a collar "window shopper" aholic. If that makes sense. XD I look online at the collars I want, dream of them, but don't have the money to get them. :rofl1: Just applied for a job a couple days ago that I think (HOPE) I'm a shoo-in for, so once I have the (or a) job, I will definitely be adding to my small, sad collar collection. Chloe has several collars, but Violet has only two. She needs a new one badly, and I plan to get her an Ella'sLead collar ASAP.

ETA: Also, I find it's very sad that Chloe has so many collars, but NEVER wears a collar. :lol-sign: Violet wears them a lot more often, but only has two.

Hi. My name is Katie and I am a collar addict.
If you count his training collars Dreizehn has one collar per month of his life. It's a sickness, truly. He even has a paracord collar that I JUST ordered.

Here are some of them...

It's not all me though! I blame his grandmother (my mom). She's an enabler! I keep telling myself that my next dog will have longer hair so there won't be a need for multiple collars but we all know that's a lie.

Also, I'm SUPER jealous that you have a Paco Collar named after your dog. One of my goals in life is to have a Paco Collar named after a dog of mine.
*Sorry the pictures are HUGE. I resized them in Photobucket so that should transfer soon.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
OMG you have a Dia de los Muertos collar too! One of my chihuahuas has one too.

I'm so excited about her named collar. It makes me so happy. LOL.

Red Chrome

I do. At last count when cleaning my van out and going through things....I had close to 200 collars. I about died and then promptly donated some so I would have room for more!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I'm a window shopper. My dogs just don't wear collars often! I did splurge on a leather one from CollarMania a couple years ago but its kinda falling apart now so could be replaced....

I think I might get a NICE leather one for Juno that will be her "last" collar. I just don't know where from.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
If I had a dog, I would be a collar addict.

Bear had so many collars. About 2-3 weeks since I brought him home, he got a new collar LOL

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Ok Patchworkrobot.... The collar in the 5th pic.... What collar is that and where did you get it???? I LOVE it!!!!!

I'm definitely planning some new collars for my kiddos. The hardest part is getting the ok from my hubby since he clearly does not understand my addiction. His point is that they can only wear one at a time so what's the point. I then remind him how many pairs of boots he owns... Last I checked you can only wear one pair at a time? am I right?

Last I checked I had about 20 collars but I've added since then so its time for a recount.

Id like to get Bamm a nice western themed leather collar, a Superman leather collar though not sure from where. I'd love to also get him a dark orange dyed leather or vegan collar with black sequins on it to give it the look of the flintstones BamBam outfit.... I also want a collar with his name either embroidered or engraved.

Cricket... I want a western themed leather collar for her as well. I also have a few Paco collars in mind for her, but I would want them customized a little. Id love a collar with her band on it.

I absolutely couldn't resist the Dia de los Muertos collar. It was too beautiful (and not around forever) to pass up. I saw a picture of your chihuahua's collar in another post, do you have any pictures with it on her? I'd love to see.

And Chrome... hundreds of collars, WOW! I think I would have donated them too :]

Skittledoo - the 5th collar is the Dia de los Muertos collar from Paco Collars. They don't make it anymore, it was a limited time halloween thing. However, they said at one point that they'll be making more leather etched collars so I'd keep my eyes out for the next one. I'm sure it will be just as stunning. As for a Superman collar... Dreizehn's leather Batman collar is from CaliGirl collars. I don't know if she has a Superman collar as a regular thing but I"m PRETTY sure she's made one before and could make another. Her collars are pretty thick/heavy but not ridiculously expensive. The Batman collar was a gift but I think it runs about $55.

The hardest part is getting the ok from my hubby since he clearly does not understand my addiction. His point is that they can only wear one at a time so what's the point. I then remind him how many pairs of boots he owns... Last I checked you can only wear one pair at a time? am I right?
Exactly :D

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I'm definitely planning some new collars for my kiddos. The hardest part is getting the ok from my hubby since he clearly does not understand my addiction. His point is that they can only wear one at a time so what's the point. I then remind him how many pairs of boots he owns... Last I checked you can only wear one pair at a time? am I right?
Exactly!

My hubby has things he likes (most of which are more expensive than dog stuff- for instance, he has a saltwater reef fish tank and just spent $90 on ONE FISH!). So, he really can't complain when I spend money on collars!

Taqroy

Exactly!

My hubby has things he likes (most of which are more expensive than dog stuff- for instance, he has a saltwater reef fish tank and just spent $90 on ONE FISH!). So, he really can't complain when I spend money on collars!
I keep telling Matt he needs to get an expensive hobby so he can't say anything about mine. :lol-sign:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
At least most of you buy collars that are meant to last..

I am the kind of person that will have one really great quality leather collar that can with-last anything

and like 10 of these..

LOL I LOVE BOWS! It's an addiciton..

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Oh man, yesterday's Paco sale had me all over the website looking at collars. LOL

I love this one, The Gunther, for Blaze. I wish they would have had this one during the sale.

*image from Paco Collars*

Since Ella's Lead is having a sale, I'm very tempted to purchase a collar like the one of the left, but in chocolate brown leather and silver hardware.

*image from Ella's Lead*

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Can't do much with collars on my guys, but I love leads - patterned nylon leads or ribbon inlaid leads. I mean I really love them. Unfortunately most places just focus on collars rather than leads so I haven't really found anywhere to buy up a ton.
There's like eight I want to order from PetEdge right now though LOL. There's one that has a football field pattern on it, with yard markers. It's perfect for Payton. He NEEDS it. But they charge $$$ for shipping on everything, so I haven't ordered it. =<

ETA: this one!! I love it...

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I have something SUPER special coming from Paco Collars in a few weeks... I'll share when I get it. ;)

Otherwise... yeah, I have a slight obsession. I may post pictures later. ;)

Bailey08

Jessie, what do you think about the weight of Rory's collars? My Bailey is about the same size, I think (just under 40 lbs, slim build). I don't really need a "strong" collar for him -- he doesn't really pull and is definitely not a flight risk -- and I don't want something too heavy.

I'd like to get B a nice collar when he transitions out of daily daycare. (They have to be quick release and get dirty pretty fast. And constant collars cause hair breakage, boo.)

Saeleofu

Since I've got Gavroche's Ella's Lead collar I've been trying to cut down. Aside from a martingale or prong, all he ever wears is the EL, so why have so many?

Logan still needs a tag collar and a leather martingale. I'm considering an EL tag collar, but I have yet to settle on a pattern. Or I may go with some sort of braided tag collar. Martingale will either be a somewhat cheap one with a brass chain, or an EL one. Again, still not decided on pattern if it's EL.

And then Gavroche needs a leather martinale.

And then I've GOT to stop :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.