The Venting Thread

noludoru

Bored Now.
Well, I don't think she was any more crude than anything else being said here. I didn't find it creepier than your comment. I didn't find anything wrong with what you said but neither did I find anything wrong with what she said. I do find it creepy how much people find time to target and pick apart everything she says though.

Honestly, what I see happening reminds me of when you're in school and there is a group kidding around, making jokes and someone they don't like says almost the exact thing and everyone just goes silent and judgey.

I get you don't like her, I get that she rubs people wrong (I've been there, argued with her and been super frustrated) and I think she can be pretty awful to people sometimes too, but you know, I find the way she's treated and the snide, catty, malicious comments made to her when she isn't being mean just...well, wrong. I keep waiting for the pitch forks and torches.

I'm sorry I'm only quoting you in this Nolu, believe me there are many more examples from many others, this just happens to be the one that ended up making me break my silence.
I was totally trying to be creepy, though. I had to think on it for a while. :p It took effort!

Seriously, though - I get where you're coming from. I completely do. And I realize I'm being a ginormous jerk. I'm surprised that some of you are surprised over this. It seems like 80% of her posts are full of errors, are nonsensical, or just plain rude/mean/judgmental[/insert something someone else has already said here]. She turns a thread or a vent into a completely unrelated ramble about herself, or starts a debate over something offensive that she's said. Then, when she gets called on it, she skips off like like a baby deer frolicking away from a 3-car pileup; full of joy and obliviousness at the train-wreck she caused. Rinse, repeat.

Whenever she's called on her behavior, the response is some version of "it's not me, it's you" or "haters gonna hate."

It's ridiculous. I am annoyed.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
So put her on ignore...
Otherwise it just comes across as "uou annoy me and i don't like you so my group and I are going to bully you until we run you off."

Who CARES if her posts have spelling or grammatical errors (as my posts do) and if she's so irritating... There is an ignore function but to follow her around and belittle every post she makes it just... Weird and basically evens te playing grounds as to which poster is more confrontational and offensive.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
I was totally trying to be creepy, though. I had to think on it for a while. :p It took effort!

Seriously, though - I get where you're coming from. I completely do. And I realize I'm being a ginormous jerk. I'm surprised that some of you are surprised over this. It seems like 80% of her posts are full of errors, are nonsensical, or just plain rude/mean/judgmental[/insert something someone else has already said here]. She turns a thread or a vent into a completely unrelated ramble about herself, or starts a debate over something offensive that she's said. Then, when she gets called on it, she skips off like like a baby deer frolicking away from a 3-car pileup; full of joy and obliviousness at the train-wreck she caused. Rinse, repeat.

Whenever she's called on her behavior, the response is some version of "it's not me, it's you" or "haters gonna hate."

except its not, and this is you

and hell, i do it too. but it doesnt make the behavior any more rational. i hate my roommate, the child molester with the manbiting cur dalmation. he can come into my line of sight and annoy me, even if all hes doing is walking down the stairs and out the front door. is he actually being a pain in my ass 100% of the time? no. but hes standing around, eating crackers. like he owns the ****ing place

noludoru

Bored Now.
So put her on ignore...
Otherwise it just comes across as "uou annoy me and i don't like you so my group and I are going to bully you until we run you off."

Who CARES if her posts have spelling or grammatical errors (as my posts do) and if she's so irritating... There is an ignore function but to follow her around and belittle every post she makes it just... Weird and basically evens te playing grounds as to which poster is more confrontational and offensive.
You may not be directing all of this to me, but no one quotes all her posts to belittle every post she makes. I probably don't say anything more often than a few times a month, and if I really wanted to pick on her, I bet I could find something every day. We all have spelling and grammar errors sometimes, but it's been mentioned and her response has been "I'm typing on my phone! It's the phone's fault!"

There isn't even a club of us dedicated to her downfall, I swear! Well, if there is, it's on facebook, so no one invited me.

Edit: Seriously, my group? I have groupies? Or minions or something!?

Call her out on rude posts, disagree when its a debate or conversation...but calling her out on nothing just comes across as petty IMO
Again, you're surprised at this? I can definitely be petty. I posted a thread about revenge-farting at my dog. That trumps my occasional post snarking at DD, at least in my mind. Once, I posted a poll asking if you consider Cesar Milan breed-worthy.

except its not, and this is you

and hell, i do it too. but it doesnt make the behavior any more rational. i hate my roommate, the child molester with the manbiting cur dalmation. he can come into my line of sight and annoy me, even if all hes doing is walking down the stairs and out the front door. is he actually being a pain in my ass 100% of the time? no. but hes standing around, eating crackers. like he owns the ****ing place
I won't disagree with you at all there. I may have liked that on Pinterest earlier today. I also misspelled "liked" and then corrected it.

Last edited:

sillysally

Obey the Toad.

In this case, it IS you (and every other poster that seems to get perverse glee for bullying her) not her, that is the problem. DD actually seems to be improving her tone and way of posting, but apparently that doesn't matter because some individuals still feel the need to go after her like it's their job. Right now this is an issue not because she said anything rude or nasty, but because you and others can't seem to get over the fact that she posts here and have made it an issue. Please do us all a favor and put her on ignore and move on with life.

noludoru

Bored Now.
In this case, it IS you (and every other poster that seems to get perverse glee for bullying her) not her, that is the problem. DD actually seems to be improving her tone and way of posting, but apparently that doesn't matter because some individuals still feel the need to go after her like it's their job. Right now this is an issue not because she said anything rude or nasty, but because you and others can't seem to get over the fact that she posts here and have made it an issue. Please do us all a favor and put her on ignore and move on with life.
Can I make a suggestion that you and everyone else who has been annoyed enough by my behavior over the past few months put me on ignore as well? If it's a contest between which of us sucks more and I'm winning, then it's a no-brainer.

If you've seen some improvement, then that's a really good point to bring up, and I'll keep an eye out for it and maybe find out that you're right. I've been wrong before. I try not to admit it or let it be put into writing, but it has been known to happen.

Last edited:

Gypsydals

1 picture is not enough. I want more pictures.:( I don't like waiting. I have looked at the one picture like a gazillon times already today.

I know I personally am a whole lot less bothered by DD's spelling and grammatical errors than I am by your cavalier attitude about basically bullying another human being and the mob like actions when it comes to her.

I get it, it's all online and she can leave at anytime, which you would love. And I understand the idea that all of us if we're so bothered by your cruel digs and remarks to her can just block you. But, what does that accomplish? You're still picking at someone, many times unjustly, and rather incessantly, because you don't like them.

It's not cute. It's not funny. It's mean.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I know I personally am a whole lot less bothered by DD's spelling and grammatical errors than I am by your cavalier attitude about basically bullying another human being and the mob like actions when it comes to her.

I get it, it's all online and she can leave at anytime, which you would love. And I understand the idea that all of us if we're so bothered by your cruel digs and remarks to her can just block you. But, what does that accomplish? You're still picking at someone, many times unjustly, and rather incessantly, because you don't like them.

:hail::hail::hail:

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
You guys realize that at this point it's a bunch of piling on nolu. Even if you're referring to a group of people rather than just nolu, you're quoting her and directing it at her, so... there's kind of some irony involved here...

Personally I wish everybody would leave DD alone and quit quoting her since ignore doesn't work on quotes which blows.

noludoru

Bored Now.

Then be bothered by it. I'm occasionally bothered by your self-righteousness, but I move on because you usually have a good point, even if I don't particularly agree with it. I'm not a saint. I'm not a nice, cute, funny person. I'm me. And I have weaknesses and flaws and faults just like everyone else does. In this case it's being a jerk to another poster who can't be bothered not to start fights, offend people, and post to the bare minimum standards of writing.

I will disagree with you that my post is bullying, though. Or incessant. Perhaps the combined total of people taking issue with her has been, or has been in the past, but this isn't. Feel free to look back through my posts, her posts, and the number of times we've interacted if you'd like to make sure of it. Everyone here is quick to call "bullying!" now, and the fact is, I've been here a rather long time and seen have forum-wide bullying going on - and participated in some of it, which I'm not terribly proud of - and this isn't it.

noludoru

Bored Now.
And now an actual vent, unless you'd like to take this to PM or let it continue for several more pages.

There is a MOUSE in my cupboards.

And Middie isn't even a bit interested in it.

Cockroaches? Cockroaches that BARELY MOVE? Those are FASCINATING!

A real, live, juicy, delicious mouse? Nope. Whatevs. He'd rather go back to sleep on the couch.

Members online

No members online now.