Your top 10

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I know we've done this a plethora of times but I was bored. lol

Top 10 breeds you're interested in at the moment. Not in order because the order changes daily for me!

1. Papillon

2. Border collie

3. Australian Cattle Dog

4. Shetland Sheepdog

5. Belgian Shepherd (any variety but particularly malinois)

6. Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retreiver

7. Kooikerhondje

8. Pyrenean Shepherd

9. Australian Shepherd

10. Markiesje

I see a pattern here in my preferences...lol. Funny when I joined Chaz it was almost all sight hounds. But I've discovered I'm much much more of a herding/sporting type breeds person.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Probably not surprising but mine's half the same...except take out a few to add more sporting dogs:

Replace Papillon w/ Flat-Coated Retriever
Replace ACD with Golden Retriver (very specific field lines)
Change Belgian Shepherds to just Malinois
Eliminate Sheltie, Aussie, and Markiesje without replacement (or maybe sub in Pyr Shepherd or Koolie)

No pics atm, sorry.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
1. Chihuahua
2. Border Collie
3. Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
4. Mudi
5. Australian Cattle Dog
6. English Shepherd
7. Papillon
8. French Bulldog
9. Boston Terrier
10. Japanese Chin

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Not in order either: Well the Westie will Always be first and you all know the Cane Corso is in my future

Westhighland White Terrier:

Cane Corso:

Boerboel Mastiff:

Cairn Terrier:

Border Collie:

Australian Cattle Dog:

Airedale Terrier:

Tibetan Mastiff:

Papillon:

Fila:

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
No real order here.

Flat-Coated Retriever

Papillon (particularly this one)

Jack Russell Terrier

Pug (particularly this one lol)

Bernese Mountain Dog

Cardigan Welsh Corgi

Sheltie

Norrbottenspets

Icelandic Sheepdog

Chihuahua if i can have this one lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Koolie of course, but I want to steal this little girl in paticular

Saluki

Border Collie

Whippet

Dogo Argentino

Kelpie if I was able to find a breeder with dogs I liked

A good old Lurcher

Replacing Mudi with English Shepherd

Catahoula is also growing on me thanks to Boone

And last, whatever mongral happens to find me

Last edited:

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I forgot Icelandics... Hmmm they're pretty close to being tied with markiesje and kooikers. Would probably help if I could meet all the breeds.
There's a breeder within a 10 hour drive of me... Who's having a litter in May... Must focus on "Future JRT".

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Not all of these are breeds I'd be interested in owning (ATM there are only a few in my top running), but breeds that I like the look of and would like to meet some individuals of some day.

1) English Shepherd

(Go figure - the first one I really liked on a google search, and she's a maternal 1/2 sister to Quinn's dam. Think I have a type?)
2) German Shepherd

3) Australian Shepherd

4) Border Collie

5) Australian Koolie (I wonder who this is thanks to?! :p)

6) Havanese (Totally breaking my herding dog trend here but a family friend breeds them and OMG best snugglers ever)

7) Chihuahua

8) Belgian Shepherd, particularly Groenendaels. I just really, really want to meet one.

9) Borzoi. Again, totally not suited to be but I think they're the most gorgeous dogs and really want to meet one.

10) I can't think of at 10th (although I'll probably remember in an hour while I'm at work helping a customer or something, LOL) so here's another English Shepherd.

I need to meet an ES so I can figure out how I mesh with one so we need to meet. The biggest thing that holds me back is you saying Quinn isn't interested in toys.

5) Australian Koolie (I wonder who this is thanks to?! :p)
That's Traveler's great grandfather Ted and was the dog that made me fall even harder for the breed

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I saw the Toolalla in the URL and decided I had to use that picture, LOL.

Quinn has become absolutely frisbee and ball crazy (more frisbee though). She hands it to me and drops to the ground and absolutely shakes with excitement. Still has a good off switch though and doesn't bother me with it if I don't initiate play. She is definitely less goofy than Traveler though from what I've seen - he seems very happy go lucky. ****, getting yelled at to leave, I'll finish this later!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I know lol... I wonder how Mia's breeder would feel about shipping a pup up to Canadaland... They're so tiny that when i rent somewhere no one would notice the papillon among my pug and jrt... right? right?!
Lol well Summer is as tall as a JRT. So not that tiny comparatively. Lightweight though!

Skivvies

9) Borzoi. Again, totally not suited to be but I think they're the most gorgeous dogs and really want to meet one.
I met a borzoi PTSD service dog once. The dog was really amazing! I guess they make good service dogs for people with PTSD because they remain calm when their owner is distressed.

Here are mine...

1. Maltese

2. Chinese Crested

3. Standard Poodle

4. Papillon

5. Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

6. Bichon Frise

7. Westie

8. Italian Greyhound

9. Pomeranian

10. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Yeah.....I really lean toward toy dogs.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I love these threads! And mine change all the time!

1. Pit Bull (not any specific breed, just a shelter guy/gal)

2. Doberman (not sure I really have the personality to own one of these guys, maybe a rescue or down the road when I learn to be tougher owner, lol!)

3. Jack Russell Terrier (yes, I stole this pic from Dekka, as I love the look of her JRTs)

4. Australian Cattle Dog (again, not sure I have the personality for them, but I love them)

5. Pembroke Welsh Corgi (these guys are on and off the list almost every day, it would have to be a very specific type of dog)

6. English Mastiff (actually found some nice looking, athletic ones, but they all seem to live in Alberta!)

(Though that guy is from Cali)

7. Border Collie

8. GSD (this is a new one for me, but I've seen/met some that were just flooring. would probably be from a shelter/rescue and I like the white ones too)

9. Whippet (smooth, or a LHW)

10. Greyhound

Ask me tomorrow and you will probably get some different ones. 10 is not enough.

hey_jude

I think my theme is like... long faces, leaner bodies, and then some dogs on the list are just because I really got into the breeds from various chazzers. I would say the first 5 are more or less in order- the second 5 isn't really in order. I will probably only ever own border collies (although would love a papillon some day), but these are the breeds I enjoy the 'thought' of- which includes look, temperament, etc. Also, it includes almost zero retrievers... I like the look of retrievers, and I loved my lab growing up- but the retriever personality is generally just noooot for me so I didn't include many (or any I don't think).

1. Border Collie

2. Ibizan Hound

3. Sheltie

4. Whippet

5. Long haired whippet

6. Papillons (Had to post this adorable puppy)

7. Long Haired Chi

Particularly this guy or Romeo...

8. Smooth Collie

9. Australian Cattle Dogs

10. Vizla

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I love these threads! And mine change all the time!

1. Pit Bull (not any specific breed, just a shelter guy/gal)
Me thinks you need an Attila doggy. ^_^

Labrador Retriever (of course):

Spanish Mastiff:

Rottweiler:

Tibetan Mastiff:

Neapolitan Mastiff (if I can find one that doesn't look like a hippo, can actually move, and has had health clearences...):

That's only five, but those are the only breeds I'm actually considering in the future.

Tons of other breeds that I love and admire, but most likely will not own.

Great Danes, APBTs, Basset Hounds, Alaskan Malamutes, Ibizan Hounds, Pharaoh Hounds, Dogue de Bordeaux, Shih Tzus, German Shepherds...I could go on. :p

Quinn has become absolutely frisbee and ball crazy (more frisbee though). She hands it to me and drops to the ground and absolutely shakes with excitement. Still has a good off switch though and doesn't bother me with it if I don't initiate play. She is definitely less goofy than Traveler though from what I've seen - he seems very happy go lucky. ****, getting yelled at to leave, I'll finish this later!
That really makes me happy! They seem like such good overall dogs to have around, I like the versatility they seem to have from what you say and the work ethic

Looking forward to you finishing when you aren't being yelled at :rofl1:

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Well, I'm very tempted to put, "GSD, GSD, GSD, GSD, GSD, BC, BC, BC, BC, BC." But it gets a little more varied than that, I guess.

German Shepherd Dog

Border Collie

Belgian Malinois

Golden Retriever (very specifically field lines)

Rottweiler

Australian Kelpie

English Shepherd

Old English Sheepdog

Beauceron

Dutch Shepherd

(And of course a APBT at some point, too)

Members online

No members online now.