Front page news

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor made the FRONT PAGE of the Kansas City STar this morning. I am trying to find the link so i can share...arrrrgh the website is so frustrating. I am working on it! THe humane society just called, they said they are SOOOO excited! THey said they just about fell over and i said me too! I never ever expected him to do as well with donations as he has, i never ever expected this either. Ok back to the site, i got to find the picture you won't believe how BIG it is. WHen the photographer stopped me and asked what i was doing i told him, and i had the newsletter in my back pocket that i had received in the mail that day so i gave him that. i asked him if he wanted Vic to pose and he said no, just go on with what i was doing so we did. WE were talking with a couple at an outdoor cafe, they gave Vic some money and i was explaining how he was a stray, and about the Gabrial fund when the woman said..."that man is taking a lot of pictures of you and your dog". I said "i know he is from the Kansas City Star"> WAHOOOO it is an AWESOME picture. My mama had me buy her three papers.:D Ok really i will stop i gotta go find it, it has to be there on that darn link somewhere.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
HEHEHE Thanks Gempress! I need to wipe the stupid grin off my face;) I am so freaking proud of him! WE took in 120 yesterday, two more days and we will be done:)

Last edited:
A

Angel Chicken

For those of you who can't view PDF's, here is the pic

With the caption under it that says:

How could anyone say no to this face? Victor the pooch worked the streets Monday
on the Country Club Plaza, raising money for the Gabriel Fund, which helps sick and
injured animals at the Humane Society of Greater Kansas City. Victor demonstrated
considerable fundraising talents, taking in more than $40. Good dog!

malmo

Here to learn
Look at that huge, beautiful face! I am so stinking proud of both of you... feel like you've allowed us to go on this journey with you all together!!!

The attention is well-deserved.

OMG! I am SO proud of Vic! :D Way to go!!!!!! Hopefully lots of people will see the paper and maybe they'll start helping more too! I bet you are on cloud 9! His pic is great :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I really need to stop looking at his picture.it is so pretty on line. I will have to write my thanks to the photographer and praise his skills for it is an incredible photo. THe composition is exquisite, everything is just right, even the fact that the 5 is the bill on top in his bucket! Victor has received 2 20's as well as 10s. Since the distribution of the paper is 4000, maybe he will get some mailed in donations. That would be awesome. My cheeks are getting sore i swear I haven't grinned this much in years.

He's all asleep and doesn't know a thing but i am sure when he gets to the guild. He will know something's up. I am so glad they put the words Good Dog on there, for i have posted before that those are his favorite two words. When we were at the raku fundraiser which is outside i could hear people saying Your a good dog VIctor, not just once or twice either. He loves people so much and i think i am about the luckiest girl in the world to be his gaurdian.

I love that you can see his pretty white eyelashes, i am such a sucker for pretty white eye lashes and freckles.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Oh my goodness, Smkie, I am so happy for you two I have tears in my eyes. :) That picture is AWESOME, by the way... it definitely shows off his costume. Congrats to you two!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I e-mailed the woman that rescued him from the kill shelter and took him to her rescue kennel. She said we made her day..YAY! IF anyone deserves credit Connie Guthrie does.
THis is just our way of paying it forward. We did a little jaunt today and collected 50 more dollars, one more day and we are finished.;)

GipsyQueen

That picture is great and so beautiful! You should frame it! And way to go Victor!!!! :) Conrats to both of you!

bubbatd

How too , too special !!! I'm so glad you and Vic got recognized !!! What a great job !!!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I am busting with pride for you and Vic! What a great photo---and what a wonderful accomplishment!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
my mama said it was better then any picture i had taken of him and i had to say now wait a minute mama...just kidding. I thought maybe i could contact the photographer and see if he would donate a signed print for ART UNLEASHED next year. I hope i can get a signed copy too... i sure would like to have one. Has been a wonderful day. People were waving from the stores and cafes, giving me the thumbs up sign too.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
How cool is that!!! If I were you I'd have bought TWENTY copies, LOL!
Way to go, Victor!
$50 more today, how much does that make total?

Members online

No members online now.