Oes

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Always a breed that I've loved the look of (as long as they were shaved), but never really had any personal experience with, so that's what I'm looking for :p

Someone has an OES puppy in my apartment complex. OMG the cuuuute.

So yeah, looking for anything people know about them.

Awwww fer cuuute :p

And for the record, I'm not looking at getting one, I've pretty much stopped the hunt/want for a second dog anywhere in the foreseeable future. I'm just curious about the breed.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
fur. lol that is all I know. oh, and they have a specific herding style and gait if I remember correctly. :)

I had one as a pet sitting client for a bit, he was cool. Kinda dopey but fun and sweet. lol

and yes we had a bloom in the pool which needed cleaning. lol

lizzybeth727

Kinda dopey is right, LOL. I've met several. The ones I've met have been pretty high-energy and kind of flighty.... Like, they have all of this energy and they don't know how to focus themselves. Of course the ones I've known have had similar owners as well. ;)

And OMG the fur! There was one who came into our grooming salon all the time, his name was Wizard but we all called him Blizzard... He was just a whirl all the time, you couldn't really see him through all the fur, LOL.

Sweet dogs, though, I've never heard of a less than friendly one. :)

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
What Lizzy said! I have one as a client right now and she's a nice dog but very into everything and a bit "oooh shiny" much of the time. She is also a huuuuge boundary tester!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Thanks for the responses everyone! I am definitely going to file them under the "someday may own" category.

I love derpy dogs, and even more I love this:
Sweet dogs, though, I've never heard of a less than friendly one.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My best friend has one named Watson!
He is a sweet, fluffy, huge goober.
Holy hair. She puts his hair up in a hair tye so he can see sometimes lol

He lives in a small home with her older mother, and they get on just fine. He is quite young and does get to romp/run around and go for short walks.

He is just a goob lol

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I have no clue how people could stand the hair, lol. I would much rather just shave a dog like that down.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
HAHA, I loved reading the replies cuz I was gonna say the same exact things. :) They are very clumsy, dopey, and tend to be skittish. But very good-natured. I prefer dogs who are super clever evil geniuses and also silly, like Corgis!

Adrianne, he is so cute. I love his eyes.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Kinda dopey but fun and sweet. lol
a bit "oooh shiny" much of the time.
^these lol

There were several at my old club...at least 5 or so. Some were showdogs and yes, OMG THE HAIR. I'm still not 100% convinced there was a dog under there. Two were pet/companions that did some casual rally and agility training and were kept clipped. Super cute but AdrianneIsabel and stardogs nailed it lol

Skivvies

I looooove Old English Sheepdogs. I used to want one really badly until I thought realistically about it (the amount of hair, the size, and the activity level were all a bad match for me). But I still totally dork out whenever I see one.

My neighbors have one. Like people have described...he's SUPER silly. He's also very active and curious.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I knew a few who used to come in to the grooming place I worked at as a receptionist. They were very nice, very well-behaved dogs, however their owners were psychotic. I remember one who used to come for a shave down, and the lady's husband had one of those tubes in his throat, and the lady would INSIST that we thoroughly blow every single loose strand of hair off the dog after he was shaved because she didn't want any hair getting in her husband's tube, and she was a SUPER bitch about it. I wanted to say, "for the love of God, WHY didn't you get a standard Xoloitzcuintli instead of an OES????" lol. You know, OES look very houndy when nekkid.

There was also one FOHA had for a couple of weeks. He was sweet and dopey, and boy did he DROOL all over himself! A lot of that might have been stressing in his kennel, though.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
There's four that live really close to me. One is my dad's next door neighbor and they had it since I moved here I guess 8 years ago. The other three I would see a lot at the dog park when I would take Ada.

They're all dopey for sure and lumbering. The dog park 3 are HUGE! Completely massive and hairy. Our neighbor always has his dog clipped very short and he is definitely a thick, stocky, just plain largely built dog. They really don't seem very 'herding breed' to me. The dogpark ones are very physical in their play in a way most herders don't seem to be.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
There's four that live really close to me. One is my dad's next door neighbor and they had it since I moved here I guess 8 years ago. The other three I would see a lot at the dog park when I would take Ada.

They're all dopey for sure and lumbering. The dog park 3 are HUGE! Completely massive and hairy. Our neighbor always has his dog clipped very short and he is definitely a thick, stocky, just plain largely built dog. They really don't seem very 'herding breed' to me. The dogpark ones are very physical in their play in a way most herders don't seem to be.
From my limited reading they are more drovers than herders. So that doesn't surprise me about the build.

Members online

No members online now.