World's Smallest Dog

Woman Claims To Have World's Smallest Dog

A British woman is claiming to be the owner of the world's smallest dog.
Tiny Tim is still a puppy but his owner Mandy Marks said he has not grown since he was 4 weeks old.

At four inches tall at the shoulder, he is the smallest dog on record -- a title currently held by a Yorkshire terrier named Whitney, who's a half-inch taller, according to a report.

Tiny Tim is four inches from nose to tail and weighs just over a pound.

The rest of the story...
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ibsys/20040122/lo_wkmg/1966681

po13

Tiny one!!!

:( :( Please show photo. He must be so adorable. Love to see it.

chazhound said:
Woman Claims To Have World's Smallest Dog

A British woman is claiming to be the owner of the world's smallest dog.
Tiny Tim is still a puppy but his owner Mandy Marks said he has not grown since he was 4 weeks old.

At four inches tall at the shoulder, he is the smallest dog on record -- a title currently held by a Yorkshire terrier named Whitney, who's a half-inch taller, according to a report.

Tiny Tim is four inches from nose to tail and weighs just over a pound.

The rest of the story...
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ibsys/20040122/lo_wkmg/1966681

Well, I stumbled across a story about this wee little dog that has a photo: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/europe/view/67084/1/.html

Like, Serena, I can't help but wonder why we feel so compelled to compete for the smallest and largest dogs, regardless of the consequences. There's a Fila breeder in our vicinity who's on the opposite end of the scale, breeding dogs that are reaching well over 200 pounds. The second characteristic he breeds for is aggression. That's the kind of idiocy that gets dogs banned and causes tragedies, since people who choose dogs purely on size and aggression are exactly the ones who should never be allowed to have them.

hmm he's kind of cute, but I don't understand why people like small dogs. I have shelties and they are pretty small but I can't think of having anything smaller. JMO

MEG126

we've always had big dogs... my dad had a german shephard as a kid, i grew up with a collie and now i have a golden, so i can't imagine having a little dog. not ideal to me and now having a dog that's like what? 4 inches long... :p now a chihuahua (not trying to discriminate, just using as an example ;) ) is one thing, but a teeny eny dog that can fit in my hand? :eek: i hope it grows! if it got to be like a westie size, he'd be cute! grow puppy, grow!! :)

MEG126 said:
we've always had big dogs... my dad had a german shephard as a kid, i grew up with a collie and now i have a golden, so i can't imagine having a little dog. not ideal to me and now having a dog that's like what? 4 inches long... :p now a chihuahua (not trying to discriminate, just using as an example ;) ) is one thing, but a teeny eny dog that can fit in my hand? :eek: i hope it grows! if it got to be like a westie size, he'd be cute! grow puppy, grow!! :)
lol i agree!

One thing about dogs, you can never say never about what kind of dog you want! I never had any desire to be owned by a giant, jowly, sad-eyed breed, and Charlie just did not like German Shepherds at all (he always seemed to meet the ones with the weird owners who made their dogs aggressive and obnoxious), but here I am with the Filas, utterly besotted, and Bimmer has Charlie completely won over.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Things like that make me mad, quite honestly.. It's obviously poor breeding, and that tiny size is a genetic flaw. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that that poor dog is riddled with health problems and will probably die at an early age. Even for a chihuahua, 1lb is incredibly small and sooo fragile. (and I worry about my 6lb dog being killed by my Border Collie)

Yeah, it's the world's smallest dog, that's great, but WHY go to those extremes? It just seems to me that a dog that size can NOT be healthy... :(

I agree with you, Grace.

But I doubt you've got anything to worry about with Ripley and Dakota - from what you've told us about Ripley, even Dakota's going to have his paws full with that Mighty Mite! :D

Sheba

I W A L R
the dog still could grow :p it will and can have a growthspurt. u never no! :D it probably has bad health problems, and heart problems :(

Members online