Natural Balance

shazbot

not so newby
I pay any where from 39-42 for a bag of NB. I've noticed that price goes up and down all the time. But it's a good food and my dogs do good on it.

B

Bobsk8

This is what I currently feed them. I bought my first bag of this about 2 weeks ago. I got it for $32.99 for a 35lbs bag. That was perfectly fine. Then, my dad went out yesterday, bought it using our pals card [to get the discount], and it was $39.99. I called them today... they said $32.99 was an online price. So I politely asked why we got it for the sale price last time, and not this time. He said, "the sale must've ended on 01.14.07." But online it says it ends on 01.19.07. My dad called last night to ask, and the lady was extremely rude to him. And I was in the room during the phonecall, and my dad was being very polite. He also commented on how rude the cashier was. ALSO, when I got my pals card, it had someone elses name in the card. So I told the manager at Petco, and they gave me a form to fill out, so I could change the information about the card [name, address, etc]. The information was never changed. So I'm pretty upset with PetCo right now.:rolleyes:

So I would have to pay $39.99 a bag. The NB isn't going to be on sale all year around... so more times than others, I would have to pay at least that amount.
Whether you buy NB or not, I would either go to the store or call them and tell them you want to speak to the manager, and only the manager, and tell them your story. The clerk at the register probably couldn't care less whether anyone even shops at the store.....trying to resolve something with them is a total waste of time usually....

Glad to hear everything worked out.

I just wanted to say that I strongly disagree with this post:

I don't know if anyone here gets or reads The Whole Dog Journal, but every year they do a top rated dry food list. They rate the foods by ingredients, and only the best make the list. No foods with 'by products' or 'corn'........they explain how they pick the foods, every dog is different and there is no "best food" for all.
Anyway, there are 54 dog foods on the 2007 list and Chicken soup for pet lovers is included.
There are foods that make the list that I would not consider as "the best." Then there are foods that should be there but aren't.

uhmanda00

Glad to hear everything worked out.

I just wanted to say that I strongly disagree with this post:

There are foods that make the list that I would not consider as "the best." Then there are foods that should be there but aren't.
Thanks for your reply. Does this mean you do believe CS Dog Lover should be on the good list, or not?

T

tessa_s212

Good choice Amanda!

You know I like CS. :)

As for others making all these statements, could you please back it up with arguments, proof and reasons as to why she should believe you. For someone that doesn't know much about dog food, its better that it is explained so that one day she can be quite knowledgeable about it herself. :)

uhmanda00

Good choice Amanda!

You know I like CS. :)

As for others making all these statements, could you please back it up with arguments, proof and reasons as to why she should believe you. For someone that doesn't know much about dog food, its better that it is explained so that one day she can be quite knowledgeable about it herself. :)
Thanks Tessa!!! :hail: :D

www.dogfoodproject.com should answer almost all questions she has on food/products.

Plear

Just wanted to say that I've gotten awesome results with Natural Balance on my Corgi, but she wouldn't eat Canidae at all. Not even a little bite.

B

Bobsk8

Just wanted to say that I've gotten awesome results with Natural Balance on my Corgi, but she wouldn't eat Canidae at all. Not even a little bite.
I had the same problem with my dog. She acted like I fed her plain rice cakes when I gave her Canidae. She loves all the NB flavors I have treid her on...

uhmanda00

My dogs will eat ANY brand of food, and they act like they're starving no matter what brand of food it is. They're not picky at all. I think because there is competition, all the other dogs. I normally feed Lucy and Lily together, and Emily and Abby together. If I separate them into pairs, they don't eat AS fast. Still, they CHOW down on anything. It's crazy...

Members online

No members online now.