Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I'm wondering, how does it feel to have that belly? I'm sure it's uncomfortable but do you have to support it with a hand or to you just feel like you have to?

I will never have kids , so I will never find out first hand

I'm wondering, how does it feel to have that belly? I'm sure it's uncomfortable but do you have to support it with a hand or to you just feel like you have to?

I will never have kids , so I will never find out first hand
By the time you get the belly you are used to it. I was still doing everything I normally did at the end of my pregnancy. The only time it becomes an issue is at the VERY end, and its still not anything you have to support but it does make you waddle a bit and can make things a bit uncomfortable.

Grab

I did not. I'm sure others are different, though. Although my very tiny vet coworker did fine with her belly both pregnancies. (She's got a few months left on the second though)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Nope, no issues with my belly. I did wear a belly bra support thing while at work on my feet all day because it seemed to help the strain on
My hip but nothing major. It was just being on my feet all day that was the main issue. I don't even really remember waddling

My belly did have conveniences as well:) I still worked at the kennel and did a lot of lifting of dogs in and out of crates, belly was a convenient prop to help hold them up lol. Especially one of my coworkers lab mix who I was just in love with. She would leap into my arms for "hugs". When my belly was big she could kind of perch on it:D

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
For my first 3 pregnancies my belly was not too big. But with Nico(who turned out to weigh 9lbs 7oz) it became a painful issue for the last few months. My hips spread early from the weight so walking was very painful, getting up and down was so difficult as well. My belly got the biggest with him and even with large dogs I was tripping over them for not seeing them, the cats learned to keep out of my way. lol I did have to support it depending on the activity, standing was even painful if done for too long as well. I also had to be careful when opening cupboards or going through small spaces or such because I would sometimes forget just how big I was. lol All worth it though.

jenv101

Bite Club
Haven't had a chance to sit down and catch up on this thread but I'm 12w4d and so many people have commented on my "bump".

Apparently it's not PC to correct them by unbuttoning your pants to show them your REAL bump and explain that what they're seeing is simply the result of bloat and several days worth of constipation.
:rofl1: Yeah once the cat is out of the bag people will feel a need to comment and also to tell you how big you've gotten lately!

jenv101

Bite Club
My belly itself is not bothering me, but I'm pretty sure I have SPD - has anyone else dealt with this? Any suggestions? I'm going to talk to my midwife on Monday about it as some days it is quite painful... Pretty much my only complaint/issue at this point so I guess I'm still doing pretty good!

Link for those who don't know what I'm talking about:
http://www.babycenter.ca/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicpain/

Taqroy

My belly itself is not bothering me, but I'm pretty sure I have SPD - has anyone else dealt with this? Any suggestions? I'm going to talk to my midwife on Monday about it as some days it is quite painful... Pretty much my only complaint/issue at this point so I guess I'm still doing pretty good!

Link for those who don't know what I'm talking about:
http://www.babycenter.ca/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicpain/
I don't have any suggestions but after reading through that and this: http://www.babycenter.ca/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicgirdlepain/ I'm reasonably certain I don't just have "back pain" like my awful first doctor said. Ugh. I've been getting little lightning bolt tingle pains down the insides of my legs and pain in my back/pelvis. Is that what you have? Honestly the main thing that bothers me is that I CAN'T lay on my back - because once I do I have a really hard time turning because it hurts so bad. And I don't really want to lay on my back but it's a necessary step for turning from one side to the other (and reading in bed).

jenv101

Bite Club
I have pain in my lower back/hips area as well, but not the shooting pain like you describe. The SPD pain is at the front of the pubic bone, it's like a pain you would get if you fell forward onto a bicycle seat or something. Hard to describe! That didn't start until 20 weeks, but I don't remember when my hip pain started, it was earlier though. Turning over in bed definitely sucks and going from a seated to standing position, if I've been sitting for a while.

If you can see a chiro and/or massage therapist that work with pregnant women, it will probably help you out some!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I see pregger women at the store waddling around & I think "why do that to yourself?" It's seems so ... Unattractive lol (don't mean to be insensitive ... Just saying) also I she seen a lot of women after baby & it's not mug better ... No thanks, not worth it for me.

Taqroy

I see pregger women at the store waddling around & I think "why do that to yourself?" It's seems so ... Unattractive lol (don't mean to be insensitive ... Just saying) also I she seen a lot of women after baby & it's not mug better ... No thanks, not worth it for me.
Great. Good for you. Why are you in this thread? Because it really seems like you're only in here to be rude.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Great. Good for you. Why are you in this thread? Because it really seems like you're only in here to be rude.
This... And I don't even have kids nor am I pregnant xD

Why would you come into a pregnancy/parenthood thread thread to basically say you hate how being pregnant looks?

I also just live when people do that... Say something rude or insensitive then are like I DONT NEAN TO BE RUDE/INSENSITIVE. Great, so don't say it in the first place? It's like going up to somebody and being like "you're ugly. No offense."

darkchild16

We are Home.
Im glad my husband can look past my body changes since having kids and appreciate the fact that its whats going to happen when my body brings him his child and he will tell anyone I may not be the skinny built girl he met after Bev but I carried and gave birth to his child and that makes me the sexiest woman on the planet to him.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Uh ... Maybe because it says everyone welcome?

I wasn't intending to be rude, just because I don't choose to have kids & I respect those who see it through because its NOT easy & not everyone is "cut out" for kids, I respect & in all honesty ENVY a little those strong women (& men) who are strong enough to be parents.

I wasn't being rude , seems the only one being rude is you with this comment:

Originally Posted by Taqroy

jenv101

Bite Club
Yes, you were being rude... and it seems to me like you have more issues with your own choice of not wanting to have kids, than we do with it. It's a personal choice, so there is no need to defend yourself and insult us in the process.

JessLough

Love My Mutt

I wasn't intending to be rude, just because I don't choose to have kids & I respect those who see it through because its NOT easy & not everyone is "cut out" for kids, I respect & in all honesty ENVY a little those strong women (& men) who are strong enough to be parents.

Really? Coming into a thread where members are talking about pregnancy and being like "ewwww why would you do that?! How unattractive!" isn't being rude?

Yes, everybody is welcome. Nowhere does it say you have to post comments in the thread, though.

darkchild16

We are Home.
That is rude to current moms and soon to be moms. Alot of pregnant moms are self concious about their new bodies as it is why make a point in saying that its unattractive and why would you do that to yourself.

Taqroy

Interestingly, most people find it rude to be called unattractive. I am one of them.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Interestingly, most people find it rude to be called unattractive. I am one of them.
Just remember when any of you are feeling that way you are growing a life. Your body is giving life to another. To expect it to be flawless in this process is just going to set yourself up for failure because your body is changing but it is also showing you how strong it is.

(i was told that by a friend one day when I was upset when I was pregnant with Bev and I just never put it in that perspective before.) It may sound cheesy but it helped me get through it without beating myself up.

Members online

No members online now.