Tibetan Terrier

Catsi

Another breed that arouses my curiosity.

Anybody have any experience with them/of them?

The coat looks like it would be high maintenance, very lovely though. They remind me vaguely of a small bearded collie.

How would they be as a dog sports dog/active companion? And what are they generally like temperament wise?

Edit - I know that they are not really terriers. I am not sure of the history there.

Last edited:

milos_mommy

Anybody have any experience with them/of them? I groom three, two i know pretty well and one i know less well.

The coat looks like it would be high maintenance, very lovely though. They remind me vaguely of a small bearded collie. it is. one of the dogs is kept in full coat and is GORGEOUS, i'm sure they brush him nearly daily. The other two are kept shorter, one just had to be shaved :( and the other one they just trim up a bit around her skirt/feet to keep it easier...they do need brushing a few times a week

How would they be as a dog sports dog/active companion? And what are they generally like temperament wise? all three that come in are very sweet, friendly, one is a little bit shy but then again she's in a grooming shop. they can be noisy, i think, and are a medium energy breed, i think they'd be good in dog sports but maybe not on a competitive level.

Romy

Taxiderpy
My ex boyfriend's neighbor had one. That individual dog had a very human-like kind of intelligence, it's hard to describe. I don't know if that is typical for the breed, or if it was just that dog and her owner was good at nurturing that trait.

She was also very mischievous, I guess that was part of her human-ness. She was like a 4 or 5 year old child and would plot out elaborate schemes to get into food things like covered candy dishes, and the fridge, so that her owner wouldn't notice right away. Like, she always covered things back up when she was done so she could go back and help herself to more later. :rofl1:

Her owner had a small yard, but was retired and constantly walking her. She was really sweet (both owner and dog, I liked them better than the BF, lol)

Catsi

:rofl1:

Oh dear, sounds too clever for me to handle!

I have been reading up here and there and they have been described as similar to young human children in their antics.

You would have to have a sense of human I think. *box checked*

With a gorgeous coat like that I wouldn't want to be shaving it off personally!

They sound lovely. Thanks guys.

Members online

No members online now.