The Venting Thread

noludoru

Bored Now.
I need to sell 2 1/2 cars today and sign up 10 people with that Send Me A Friend referral thing. I don't even care at this point if you know someone out here or not, I just need people signed up because my GM has made this his latest obsession.
Can I refer myself? Because BRZ.

Can I refer myself? Because BRZ.
Its really embarrassing, I think I like the Scion better.

I really want an STI, but I don't have 35k. Then I read the hatch version is going away for the next redesign, and now I'm sad.

Used Subaru, yes, used WRX/STI... ehhh... I need to figure this out.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Its really embarrassing, I think I like the Scion better.

I really want an STI, but I don't have 35k. Then I read the hatch version is going away for the next redesign, and now I'm sad.

Used Subaru, yes, used WRX/STI... ehhh... I need to figure this out.
Unless you need the Brembos, the upgraded suspension, transmission, etc, it's a hell of a price difference to justify an STI. If you just want more power, you can modify the WRX pretty easily. Do you plan to do some hardcore Rally? Are you tracking it? Have you driven both? I would go WRX unless an STI makes more sense to you or tugs that much more on your heartstrings. :p

As to FRS/BRZ. . . I see the point in getting the FRS, but if I'm going to pick between two nearly identical cars I'm going to pick the badge I like better. Hence why I have a Mazda truck-thingy instead of a Ford Ranger. Not that it matters when I have a Miata anyway.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I just like the FRS bumper more?

I have not driven either. I just want a go fast ski car. STI has more buttons. I like buttons.
LOL and I hate the bumper on the FRS. It looks like insect mandibles to me. BRZ/FRS is rear-wheel drive and while it's hella fun as a track car, it's not all that practical for daily driving if you live anywhere that has snow.

Nolu, sure!

Buttons are awesome and I adore the SI-DRIVE on it. It's about the only reason I'd get an STI over a WRX, but honestly, you can get a very comfy WRX for a lot less and still be able to kick @ss with it. Get the catback exhaust, toss in a Cobb tuning kit and you'll get it up to 300hp easy, which is only 5 hp less than the stock STI and you'll still have money left over.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
dear retarded roommate
do not sit in the living room, with 4 adult roommates and 2 children, coming and going and making dinner, and have phone sex with your craigslist hooker girlfriend. you pay 400 for a room just for that purpose. USE IT.

noludoru

Bored Now.
LOL and I hate the bumper on the FRS. It looks like insect mandibles to me. BRZ/FRS is rear-wheel drive and while it's hella fun as a track car, it's not all that practical for daily driving if you live anywhere that has snow.
I wish people would stop perpetuating the myth that RWD cars are bad in the snow. They're amazing in snow and ice! You don't even have to jerk the wheel and use the ebrake to go sideways. :rolleyes: I have to go to so much effort to powerslide on dry pavement, but in the snow it's like my car is reading my mind!

Seriously, though, I'll be very glad of my truck for when the actual snow starts to hit.

Psy: A WRX will more than fulfill your wants and needs. An STI will be the icing on a $30k cake that's still worth every penny you paid for its deliciousness. All I can think about is cake after reading this: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/10/god-of-cake.html

I wish people would stop perpetuating the myth that RWD cars are bad in the snow. They're amazing in snow and ice! You don't even have to jerk the wheel and use the ebrake to go sideways. :rolleyes: I have to go to so much effort to powerslide on dry pavement, but in the snow it's like my car is reading my mind!
Its not so much the oversteer for me, its the uphill.

2wd trucks are fun as long as its flat. Uphill, not so much. You either sit there, or it tries to spin. My Dakota does not want to put any power down in 2wd. Had a Fox body cougar that understeered in the snow. Those tires would not grip anything. I guess you could have driven everything like a rally stage, but people look at you weird if you're sideways.

94 Legacy wagon. FWD biased, it went where you pointed it. Pretty hard to do something stupid though.

Taqroy

I need to sell 2 1/2 cars today and sign up 10 people with that Send Me A Friend referral thing. I don't even care at this point if you know someone out here or not, I just need people signed up because my GM has made this his latest obsession.
I was going to go sign up but it's blocked from this comp. :( I even post stalked you. So much effort.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Apparently, my version of a hangover is to just feel incredibly nauseous all day long. Boo.

It was worth it, though.

Hillside

Original Twin
I had a totally awesome, totally sweet make out session on Saturday with a guy that I have had a crush on for a while. I've known him and hung out in the same circles for the last several years. Our mutual attraction/rapport is well known enough. To the point where his friends will start chewing him out for not hanging out with them at the bar, until they see he's talking to me. "Oh, you're talking to Corrie, nevermind, carry on."

Why is this in the venting thread?

Well, I went to look at his facebook on Monday to show a girl at work his picture and lo and behold, we are no longer FB friends. I asked him about it and he said he deactivated his account due to some baby momma drama (his son is 11ish) and that he periodically shuts it down anyways. It sounded a little fishy to me, but still plausible. That night I was having a drink with a friend of mine and I MAY have checked her fb list to see if he was on it.

He was.

He has a girlfriend.

He's always been such a stand up guy to the best of my knowledge in the past that I just don't get it. I haven't seen much of him in the last year or so because we have both been busy with work, and apparently having a GIRLFRIEND, so I guess I was slightly out of the loop.

I kind of "get" guys that cheat to have sex, but we didn't get ANYWHERE close to that. He wasn't pushing for it, no clothes came anywhere close to coming off. We were just hanging out, talking and kissing. That's it.

So now, not only am I disappointed that there will be no more to this, but that I don't think he's a good guy anymore.

*sigh*

Grab

I have to go to the DMV as my registration is due for renewal. I hate the DMV so I'm being a big procrastinator. Even though last time I was in and out in like 5 minutes.

MicksMom

So glad yesterday is over- the afternoon started with vomit being found on the bathroom floor, and proceeded to "get better"- parent volunteers not setting up for the party until AFTER the parade, 2 foods not on the list of allowed foods that was emailed out to parents, "goodie bags" not made up, parents in the student bathrooms helping with costumes despite huge signs on doors that say students only. Then there's the little boy who told us at dismissal time he was a parent pick up. Of course with all the noise from the party, we didn't hear the additional pick ups announced. When we got to the cafeteria, I asked him if he saw his mother. He said "No, but she's always late." He wasn't on the list to be picked up, so off to the office we go. Secretary says he wasn't announced and asked if he had a note. His answer? "Yes, but I hid it." Aaaaa! Back to the caf we go, where he sees his mother. Oh yeah- I almost got hit head on going around a sharp/blind turn by a box truck flying up the mountain. Thank God for the dogs and people at Rally last night- they gave me back my sanity.

Members online

No members online now.