How do you store your photos?

Lyzelle

1T External Hard drive...plus another external hard drive for back up. Then an online storage space similar to Google Docs.

I organize by year, month, then day/shoot. Within each individual folder, I add an "Edit" folder so I don't have to worry about duplicates and all my best pics are easily found without scrolling through originals and edits.

Same with videos. All training vids get their own folder and I separate by focus (Close the Door, Sit Pretty, etc) + date.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
SD cards lol
All my pics are on my phone as of about 4? Months ago. Because my laptop CRASHED then and every pic I had taken in 5 yrs just went away.
Omg I am gonna cry thinking about it.
Anyways, thankfully I had about 4 dozen of those pics on my phone. Some of me, family, Peanut. So a few good ones got saved but my prom pics, pics of various dogs/horses/family members/vacation/etc pics just went POOF!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I have an external drive I dump everything to every few months. I also am pretty picky about what I don't delete anymore. My files are just too big to keep everything.

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
I Take only RAW (not RAW+JPEG) and I upload everything in lightroom, My lightroom is automatically set to upload everything to my external 2 TB harddrive first into the 2013 folder and then in folders within that listed by day-month-year.

Michiyo-Fir

My photos go like this
- 01/01/12 (disney)
---- - RAW
---- - JPEG FULL Res
---- - JPEG WEB Res
---- - JPEG Soft Proofed (and the printing machine it's soft proofed for)
- 02/03/12 (client name)
---- - the same as

So first a folder for the year, then folders with the date first and in brackets the event, or client or job.

Then I'll have different folders for different edits.

A copy goes to a hard drive, and I also use a backup system called CrashPlan that backs up all my computer's data daily.

All photo's get backed up on a CD, because of the way I use my photo's for art, I save nearly ALL of them! Yes, the blurry and nasty ones too, heck, my current 2nd best selling fabric was made in approx 5 mins for the most blurry photo of a Papillon! It just looked cute the way it was silhouetted. Anyway, everything gets backed up on a CD, the BEST ones stay on the card (my camera's use SD cards) as well, and right now I'm also going to start using a USB stick for my fabric photo's, I just don't trust the sticks like CD for who knows what reason, maybe mostly because they're so new? Anyway, my art and edited photo's, and collected images from the net, all go onto a Stick as well.

Barbara!

Hey, photo peeps, random question...

I have a 75-300 mm Canon lens that I want to sell and I paid $240 for it brand new. I've only used it a few times and I still have the box. How much can/should I sell it for? I need the money pretty bad.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Years, then by day. Edited photos get labled as XX_edit.jpg or something like that.

I use picasa as a photo viewer, but sort by date works too. Hard drives are cheap. I run dual 1TB internals with one acting as a backup drive (automatically, daily). By the time this is full, 5TBs will be cheap ;)
I do mine similarly. An unedited photos folder, individual folders sorted by YYYY/MM/DD, and the contents of those folders are heavily culled so that only the good ones remain.

For edited photos, I have a separate edit folder and subfolders for "Internet" sized images, larger ones, and PSD files.

Members online

No members online now.