Beagle questions

Maxy24

Are there small sized Beagles? If so what size are they generally? Also do Beagles tend to bark? the ones I've met always seem to be big barkers.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
There is a beagle pup next door to me and all day long I hear nothing but barking and baying and howling..

As far as the sizes there are 13'' beagles and 15'' beagles

beagles are hounds, so they bark and they bay. Baying can be a little irritating if you're not used to it. Basically it's between a bark and a howl. It's an aaarroooo!:D My parents have a beagle and she definitely barks and bays. They also tend to shed quite a bit. But they have the sweetest personality!! They're a very happy-go-lucky breed.

zoe08

I have a beagle, and she barks through the door at other dogs or people walking past, mostly saying "Mommy, why won't they come play with me?"

If she is outside and barking, you can guarantee, the neighbors labs, dachsunds, cockers, chow-gsd mix, or whatever other breeds people in this neighborhood own are barking too.

The only time my beagle barks when other dogs are not barking too is like I said when she sees another dog or person walking by the house that she wants to play with.

Maxy24

ok thanks. my parents really don't like the whole barking thing. Max was a SILENT dog so that's what they like, except if someone is in out yard or at our door.

Boemy

My border collie / lab mix was almost totally silent. She would bark at squirrels once in a while, but that was it. She wouldn't even bark when someone came to the door. It might have been her personality more than her breeds, though. My mom used to have a beagle and they are enjoy barking . . . also digging. :p

wookie130

I'm a huge hound-lover, and beagles are #2 on my list, basset hounds being at the top...though they'd probably be too big for your taste. They do bark often, but to a true hound enthusiast, their "aahhrroooooooooo" is like music to the ears!!! They are playful, wonderful, and just the right size for someone waving between wanting a small to medium sized dog.

I love beagles...I may be the wrong person to talk to, as I have a strong bias toward anything from the hound group. :)

sp0322

My beagle doesnt bark too much only when he sees another dog or feels that something isnt right.. He has never barked in the house before though.. We got him when he was 2 so other than being a hunting dog I don't know what kind of training he has had.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I think any dog has the potential to be a barker--they all need guidance and training around what you find acceptable!

Jessiep

I have a puggle and man does he have the beagle howl...we are still trying to get some control over it, lol. He is the worst around other dogs who won't give him any attention. Arrrourourourouroooooou!

Members online

No members online now.