Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Ok I have to wonder and this was one of te reasons I didn 't want to co sleep if I could help it... How are you able to be intimate with your spouse while co sleeping?
Well, I can count on one hand how many times we've done it since she was born but mostly we shower together with Everleigh in her bouncy chair on the bathroom floor. We've always been on opposite pages anyways-- he's a morning guy and I prefer nighttime sex so this was always our compromise.

But you find ways. Ev on one side of the bed...us standing on the opposite side of the bed....

milos_mommy

You get creative - we only partially cosleep, as in she's put down in her bassinet and then after her 1st night feeding remains in bed...so typically we do it after she's asleep but before she's in bed with us. This morning we started out on the bed - I know some people are weirded out by that but she's 2 months old and sound asleep, not like she knows what's going on even if she wakes up - but once things got a little more intense we moved to the floor. It's rare we wake up before her, though.

We cosleep and still manage to be intimate 3-5 times a week.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Ah ok makes sense. I always just picture baby right in the middle of the bed and I think now it's hard for me to remember just how soundly babies sleep lol

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Nico is growing up WAY too fast. Doug and I found a really cheap car ($275) on a mom swap site I am on. The guy was selling it because the part was cheap for the fix but the time to fix it would have cost over $2000 at a mechanics shop. So we got it because the truck we have guzzles gas. Anyway we got it fixed for $95 and it runs great and is great on gas, saving us tons for the trips to pick up my daughter. Anyway long story short when we were transferring the car seat from the truck to the car Doug mentioned that we should start looking at finding Nico his next car seat. In our province they can be in a forward facing car seat when they turn one & are 22lbs and are walking. Nico is 2 months shy of 1, 2 lbs shy of the 22lbs mark and he is already trying to stand without holding anything and can walk short distances if you are holding one hand. Time has sure flown by. He is progressing from the baby stage to the toddler stage. I wish time would slow down. lol

Ah ok makes sense. I always just picture baby right in the middle of the bed and I think now it's hard for me to remember just how soundly babies sleep lol
Well, when we bed share, Everleigh is on my right, I'm in the middle, dh is on my left. So we just crowd on to his side of the bed as far as we can. LOL

milos_mommy

I was really surprised when I saw a pic of a friend's 8 month old niece forward facing in NZ. If Lillian keeps growing at this rate she'll be rear facing til she's 4 lol

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Have you seen the videos? It removed all doubt in my mind that I will rearface any munchkins I have until it's physically impossible. I kind of wish I could rear face myself!!

[YOUTUBE]qqdtdHmW338[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]sssIsceKd6U[/YOUTUBE]

*Note that in some countries they recommend RF until **4 YEARS** old.

Since you're going to have to buy a new seat, why not get a convertible one that does RF, FF, and booster? Seems like that would be the best of all worlds.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
I have turned all my kids to FF when the law stipulated, and when they were ready. I have researched it many times(each time one of my kids is ready) and the pro's outweigh the cons for us. He won't be turned till he is the proper weight, age and is walking.

Everyone has to pick what they think is best. I will admit I turned both of mine before two....around 16-18 months I think...but wish I hadnt. I did it because they both HATED the car and screamed pretty much the entire car ride. But I did not research as fully as I should've and well, honestly remained ignorant on the issue.

For those who haven't looked into the issue and would like some more information...here is a good place to start

http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/stayrearfacing.aspx

excerpt

Rear-facing is the safest position the child can ride in. It is strongly recommended that all children stay rear-facing beyond the minimum requirements of 1 year and 20 lbs. Children should not be turned forward-facing until they reach the maximum rear-facing limits of a convertible seat (that allows rear-facing to at least 30 lbs). These limits are either the maximum rear-facing weight limit or when the top of their head is within one inch of the top of the seat shell, whichever comes first. While most parents are aware that they must keep their children rear-facing "until they are AT LEAST 1 year old AND 20 lbs", very few are told that there are significant safety benefits when a child remains rear-facing as long as the seat allows. For most children, rear-facing can and should continue well into the second year of life.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Also everyone should look up their countries, province/state and so on laws. Each location could have different laws about it as well and it never hurts to read the new studies and so on to help you in your decision as well.

Also everyone should look up their countries, province/state and so on laws. Each location could have different laws about it as well and it never hurts to read the new studies and so on to help you in your decision as well.
Again, NOT trying to change your mind about when to turn, you know your child best....

BUT

The actual law is the MINIMUM requirement. We are saying we KNOW what the different laws state and that in most areas (12 months and around 20 lbs) they are too low.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Again, NOT trying to change your mind about when to turn, you know your child best....

BUT

The actual law is the MINIMUM requirement. We are saying we KNOW what the different laws state and that in most areas (12 months and around 20 lbs) they are too low.
I know what you are saying. And I was just saying that it doesn't hurt to research the location you reside in. Just like for my other 3 it was 20lbs and now that law has changed to 22lbs. I wasn't meaning YOU should look it up. I was saying it for others reading this thread that it is a good idea to look up where they live because laws can and do change. My mind won't be changed because I did the research and weighed the pros and cons for us. Each person needs to do the same for them. Hence making sure to look up the location and laws for that location.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Out of curiosity, I decided to look up my state's laws. To say it's basic is a bit of an understatement:

NC Child Passenger Safety Law - G.S. 20-137.1

§ 20-137.1. Child restraint systems required.
(a) Every driver who is transporting one or more passengers of less than 16 years of age shall have all such passengers properly secured in a child passenger restraint system or seat belt which meets federal standards applicable at the time of its manufacture.

(a1) A child less than eight years of age and less than 80 pounds in weight shall be properly secured in a weight- appropriate child passenger restraint system. In vehicles equipped with an active passenger-side front air bag, if the vehicle has a rear seat, a child less than five years of age and less than 40 pounds in weight shall be properly secured in a rear seat, unless the child restraint system is designed for use with air bags. If no seating position equipped with a lap and shoulder belt to properly secure the weight-appropriate child passenger restraint system is available, a child less than eight years of age and between 40 and 80 pounds may be restrained by a properly fitted lap belt only.

Members online

No members online now.