Hurricane Isaac photo/video thread

Miakoda

I just thought, with so many people having never seen/experienced hurricanes first hand, I thought I'd start a thread for photos/videos. Anyone experiencing any weather issues from it can post pics and videos here. :)

My house @ approx. 2:15 pm:

The clouds are moving in and the wind is picking up.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Awesome . That about what ti looks like here. I am taking pics and posting on FB. I can't do Photobucket from phone to get them here. Be safe.

Miakoda

The green dot is Baton Rouge. I'm a touch east of there.

Renee, we bought fence boards and boarded the sides of the barn. I leave my horses out, but of course they can go in and out of their stalls as they wish. Their hay troughs are full of hay as well. I won't ever lock them in their stalls. I've learned that painful lesson. My vet and I were talking about that, and she said she's seen to be horses's bodies in crushed barns because trees fell on them. I'm very worried about Raja and Bullseye, but I've got to let them rely on their instincts (including flight) to get them through this. They've always had come and go access to their stalls, so that's not a big deal (they know their stalls are there.

Oh, and as I type this, we just got our first tornado watch warning.

Doberluv

Thank you for posting this. Those clouds look so ominous and eerie, but beautiful too...it looks so quiet. I guess that's before the storm, as they say.

I think you're wise to not lock the horses in their stalls. That can be a disaster. I tried it with mine during fireworks and quickly saw that wasn't safe. They started to rear...panic etc. If they were out, they'd run so hard and wildly, I thought they'd run through the fence...just out of their heads with fear. I just didn't know what to do. So, I finally got the vet to give me tranquilizers during the 4th. That was the ticket. Of course in your case, your horses have to have their wits about them so they can run if they hear a tree branch fall or something. I hope they will be okay. Maybe there will be a difference with the storm and something man made, like fireworks. Do you think they are less afraid with a storm? It's all very scary. I wish you all the best and that everyone will be all hunkered down safely. Maybe it won't get so bad where you are. Crossing my fingers for you.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Thank you for posting this. Those clouds look so ominous and eerie, but beautiful too...it looks so quiet. I guess that's before the storm, as they say.
Thats exactly how it is. Then you have the gorgeous part of the eye where its sunny and just windy then you have the nasty all over again.

Red Chrome

My great aunt and uncle live in Raceland. They are having power outages flickering. I am praying this storm doesn't destroy too many things. My thoughts are with everyone in its path.

I don't know anything about horses, but that seems like an intelligent choice in the midst of a whole lot of variables, Staci. Hopefully you'll just get a show without much blow!

Barbara!

I'm in Lake Charles. It was windy yesterday and then died down, but it is starting to look pretty bad now. I can see the darker clouds on the horizon and the ones above us are moving fast. The wind is pretty hard and unpredictable. Isaac is on his way.

Barbara!

What sucks right now about Isaac is that he's not moving...the eye has been sitting generally over Houma since yesterday. I hate when they do this. Katrina stalled like this and so do many of them.

Barbara!

Looks like we are going to be passed up by most of it. I hope you guys to the east of the storm are alright! I know several towns have been flooded and people have lost their homes...

ACooper

Continuing to send prayers southward. I hope you guys are all right.

I agree with Renee, bored sucks, but it's better than many alternatives!

Members online