Chaz Moms and Moms-to-Be Chat (everyone welcome)

Taqroy

Wow, she did get really big really fast! That's crazy! Is she sleeping/eating/etc. a little bit better now that she's bigger?
She's doing so much better! I don't have to pump anymore cause she figured out the latching thing a couple weeks ago which I am really really happy about. And I got Mu into a class on Sundays so I feel better too - I missed it and it makes me feel a little more...centered I guess.

milos_mommy

I'm having one heck of a time finding a pediatrician :(

Long story short - we'll be switching insurance in a few months, so ideally I wanted to find a dr who took both. My options there are three doctors/practices

1) my pediatrician from middle school onwards, and I think is a really crappy doctor.
2) a pediatric group within a HUGE medical (all GP/adult medicine) group, I'd probably never get to see the same Dr and also there's always like 200 sick adults + children in the office
3) The group through my hospital.

So today I went to interview #3. I scheduled a "meet and greet", go in the office...the 6 staff members behind the counter proceeded to chat about their mother's day plans while I stood there for 5 minutes before someone offered to help me.

They had no separate sick/well wait areas, so I went to sit down in a waiting room that 100% barren of all toys, pictures, reading materials for kids and adults (save for a pamphlet on water safety and a parenting flyer entirely in Spanish), etc. I waited a half hour to see the doctor, who was super awkward, in an exam room which again had absolutely zero pictures on the walls, things to read, etc.

UGH. I guess we'll just go there for the first 3-6 months and then switch to another one. My other choice is picking a pediatrician that's 40+ minutes away, and I don't really want to do that.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
She's adorable!!!!

DH doesn't like Evie either. He likes Leigha as a nickname which I didn't like but I'm warming up to it.
I am a firm believer that nicknames and short forms just happen once the child is here and you bond. Hannah's "short forms" and "nicknames" just happened :) and I think even if we planned out what the short form would have been... It wouldn't have jived up with what naturally developed :)

I am a firm believer that nicknames and short forms just happen once the child is here and you bond. Hannah's "short forms" and "nicknames" just happened :) and I think even if we planned out what the short form would have been... It wouldn't have jived up with what naturally developed :)

Excellent point :)

I think we are just going to have to name her when she gets here. If she ever gets here.

39 weeks today and zero sleep last night thanks to a foot jammed into my ribs.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Excellent point :)

I think we are just going to have to name her when she gets here. If she ever gets here.

39 weeks today and zero sleep last night thanks to a foot jammed into my ribs.
That sounds like a good idea :) You may lay eyes on her and just know what her name should be or it may take a little time but you'll find the perfect name for her.

UGH I'm sorry, I remember the insomnia days of pregnancy.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
...Un-child related, but it's the same with dogs. Because, let's be honest, we didn't expect to be calling Harlow "Nutter Butter Beanbag". :rofl1: Rider Man Jones developed naturally as well.

If we do ever have children, I already feel bad for their nicknames.

milos_mommy

I think going in with a couple (at least two) of names in case one doesn't fit is a really good idea.

The baby's dad and I had enough trouble agreeing on any names in the first place, so all we've got is Lillian for a girl and Sterling for a boy - and we're talking about choosing something else for a boy in case Sterling doesn't fit, but it took us 9 whole months to come up with Sterling, so IDK how that's going to go. I'd probably feel better if we had more options.

Also, I wanted to use Lily as a nickname for Lillian, but I'm starting to have the feeling that I'm going to call her either Lillian most of the time, or shorten it to Lil, and never use Lily. That's ok, but I agree nicknames aren't usually something you can pre-choose very well.

Paige

Let it be
Yeah nicknames just happen. Briggs goes by the Briggalo and Blake goes by Cuddles 99.9% of the time in person. I actually only ever say Blake when I am dealing with medical stuff. Otherwise, it's Cuddles.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Nico has a few nicknames. Mister is the main one. Then there is Little Man and Mister Man. He responds to all of them. lol Here are some recent photos of my smiling little guy. A month ago he was weighed in at 16.6lbs. He now knows how to wave bye and two days ago started to say mom and ma ma. He is 6 months old now. Oh and almost forgot, he got his first tooth too.

Last edited:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My parents had planned on my nickname being "Fran" or "Prim" (my middle name)
When I was born my brother had a bit of a lisp so used to call me Fransheka (sounds like FRAN-SHEK-A) skipping the middle S.

21 years later everyone in my family (and quite a few friends) calls me Sheka (Shek-a.. e like the first e in Elephant) :rofl1: it's almost as much "my name" as my actual full name.

Sh*t happens. Nicknames happen naturally.. I wouldn't worry about them.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yeah not kid related but Bernard came to us and we called him 'Bernie' for about a week until we realized that totally didn't work for him.

My sister Emily gets called Iz all the time. No idea where that came from. No one knows.

Paige

Let it be
My sister was Pearbear (her name is Paris) but now she is a huge jerk so we call her Scarebear HAHAHA

!!! How are you feeling?
Good! Really good! But super anxious to meet her. I feel like I should be feeling crappier at this point but no serious complaints. She did flip sides which is more uncomfortable for some reason, and sleeping is hard sometimes because her feet get all up in my ribs but overall, I'm just really eager to meet her. I can't believe we are already so close to her due date even though it feels like time is crawling. lol

Barbara, you look great! You're hot on my heels!

Members online

No members online now.