Staycation!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Since a few other folks are excitedly posting their spring/summer vacation plans... well, I have none. :rofl1: Givenj my recent circumstances and my stubborn desire to keep my house, I'm going to be pretty poor for the foreseeable future.

BUT, annually there's an amazing music festival locally only-barely-aptly-named, Bluesfest. And they just announced the lineup today!

http://ottawabluesfest.ca/

At only $200 for the ten-day pass, it's the only way I can afford a "vacation". I'll be working morning shifts at the store and doing this every night. Staycation! I go to Bluesfest every year and this year's lineup is pretty astounding. I'm pumped. Get lost in music for ten days? Yes please. <3

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Sounds fun! And staycations are the best.. I will be spending my summer riding horses and going to agility trials! Woohoo!

LindaJD

I take a couple of weeks of staycation every summer. Sit around the pool drinking margarita's and cooking on the grill. There is no place like home.

Locke

Count me in!

Although, there's a slight chance I'll be heading to Calgary for the Stampede!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I meant to add:

Tell me about your Staycations! If you have anything fun planned in your locale for the summer. :)

I also plan lots of hikes, bikes and being outdoors.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Great Big Seaaaaaaa

Nothing really planned, lots of hikes :) hoping to throw something, *anything* together for the rescue, since I sucked at FerretFest.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Great Big Seaaaaaaa

Nothing really planned, lots of hikes :) hoping to throw something, *anything* together for the rescue, since I sucked at FerretFest.
Okay so, you're coming to GBS with me, lots of RoseyFinn hikes, and helping you plan a kickass event? HELLO SUMMER

Hubby bought me GBS tickets for valentines day and I can go :(.

Thus far we are going to the Calgary Comic And Entertainment Expo in April, and Edmonton Comic and Entertainment Expo in September...you see a theme here?

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Hubby bought me GBS tickets for valentines day and I can go :(.

Thus far we are going to the Calgary Comic And Entertainment Expo in April, and Edmonton Comic and Entertainment Expo in September...you see a theme here?
I FORGOT! Ottawa Comic Con is a go for me in May. Figuring out who to cosplay as. :>

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I meant to add:

Tell me about your Staycations! If you have anything fun planned in your locale for the summer. :)
Lake lots of lake, exploring new trails, windsurfing, agility, field, gardening, more lake, helping a local friend whelp her litter, more agility, kayaking the river...

Might leave the state to visit a friend and help with whelping her litter but that very much so up on the air. Not sure if that counts as a vacation...if so I may violate the staycation definition :p

joce

We take the week off for our local county fair every year. Best vacation ever!!!

We do go to equine affaire in Columbus but that's one night and like two hours away so not much of a vacation. Probably wont to four wheelin this year with the work one of the four wheelers needs.

We are out on the lake on the weekends.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I'll be staying in Boston! Which is a rare occasion, I usually go to London or Miami for the summer.

I am hoping for lots of fun trips with Merlin and work, I'll also be taking a few summer courses

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
We do a "staycation" every 4th of July week while the kids are at camps and such. Classically we'll do local day trips that week, but money is tight (like everyone else) so this may be a "paint the living room" or some other odd job week.

Besides, that is a huge softball tournament week around here. I can easily pick up half a dozen games or more if I'm around.

DJEtzel

I just plan on being at the dog park every day in the water with Recon. XD

I don't work much these days so every week is a staycation, I just need warm weather!

I just plan on being at the dog park every day in the water with Recon. XD

I don't work much these days so every week is a staycation, I just need warm weather!
Warm weather would be so convenient right now, but hoping for warm weather in the middle of winter is pretty much useless, at the moment.

Omgosh, Omgosh, Omgosh! RUSH and Flogging Molly!!!!! I wanna, wanna, WANNA GO!

*sigh*

We've got a couple camping trips planned, but normally do staycations as a family. The kids are older and, with three dogs... the logistics of going anywhere all together are a nightmare. We have a fire pit in the backyard and set up the tents. Pretty much a "Dew Drop Inn" for family and friends on nice days.

*snort*, but only one of the dogs will sleep in the tent, other two usually hang inside on their beds, watching TV (usually with the kids, LOL).

Members online

No members online now.