New Twist on House Racing

Kharma has just added a new twist to the house racing game. It's now a road track. Instead of just being around the sectional, into the kitchen and back, it's now around the sectional, through the hall, the second bedroom, the back hall, the kitchen and back into the living room . . . OVER the back of Charley's mom's old lift chair, across the seat, acoss the coffee table, then back around the sectional . . .

Gonna have to start calling this place "Hamilton's Glen" :rolleyes:

Becca_

chowchow
lol, dont you just love those races? We have one of those race tracks here.And watch out, try not to walk in the path of a racing dog! Not pretty. :)

They've been going on for quite some time, lol! They just get more complex as they get older. Shiva's two and Kharma will be two January 19 . . . doesn't look like they're going to be slowing down anytime soon though :eek:

lol, dont you just love those races? We have one of those race tracks here.And watch out, try not to walk in the path of a racing dog! Not pretty.
ROFL! Do you really think I'd get in the way of two 130+ pound projectiles?

filarotten

Fila the love
My dane used to do it every evening. He would run around the sofa, with a toy in his mouth and run into the diningroom around the table and down the hall. Just wondering when this will start with Brutus. He is such a couch potato right now. Except for spurts of energy.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Mary's Brother GArg use to do that at Jim's house. His house went in a circle like GG's. I had just had the second surgery and was over there to recover..when i turned the corner just at GArg's hundred lbs rammed into my legs. I didn't fall down but i can attest that pain has color and sound..it felt like my head mushroomed as an atomic bomb and then blew up.. I always appriciated how Bronki and Mary would play..so gentle, they didn't race, they played tug but so tenderly there wasn't much tug to it, and they never knocked anything over either. Victor lures Mary into the bedroom to play LETS BOUNCE ON THE BED ....his twilliger favorite. YOu need a movie camera for your gurls Renee..we still haven't even seen the commercial..and i would love to see them play giants race thru your house..hehe

It's pretty funny. Kharma always initiates it because NO ONE wants Kharma to chase them! She's much faster and more agile than Shiva, plus she kind of gives Shiva the willies when she is chasing. She stalks everything - that prey drive or herding drive kicks in and it just unnerves Shiva no end.

Can't say I blame Shiva, lol! Kharma looks . . . well, Kharma just doesn't look like something you'd really want to let catch you . . .

Debi

we have races up and down the stairs......pretty interesting..and annoying..in a small house. now, my cat is another story....EVERY night she goes crazy and flies around for about 10 minutes. guess I shouldn't complain since she sleeps 23.5 hours a day. I just rearranged things so that we can't have the 'great doggie chase' around the table a hundred times a day. (the chase up and down the stairs is kinda scarey since it's an open sided staircase...one of these days one of them will tumble off. course, if it's Ham..then it will just be like a small leap..luckily, Addie is the agile one! lol)

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
LoL! Zeus doesn't race in the house because he's still hasn't outgrown the clumsy stage, and we don't have any carpeting to give him traction. But outside, he's worn down an enormous dirt track around the perimeter of our yard. *Sigh* I guess grass was overrated anyway...

Phoebe does the same thing, but luckily she doesnt weigh 130 lbs!!! At about the same time every day she dashes from one room, across the passage into another, so fast, that she crashes into the wall, and backwards and forwards, but doesnt seem to feel any pain when she slams into the wall each time!? Our cats used to to exactly the same thing at a certain time of the day, it must be something that is programmed into them!!??

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm having a great time imaging everyone's dogs running the races through the house.

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
ROFL I thought Sunny was the only dog that did that! He uses the whole downstairs as his track and leaps over the couches like they aren't there. Every once and again he'll get me or the boys involved and will chase us all around the house. I used to be able to get away from him. :rolleyes: It cracks me up to watch him. We call it the Sunny 500. :) Renee I wouldn't want to be chased by EITHER of them, thanks...Sunny can take me out so I KNOW Shiva and Karma could without trying! :eek: That does sound fun to watch though,lol

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Sometimes I'll get Sawyer to chase me through the house but between the kitchen and the entryway he can't keep up because he keeps losing his footing and crashing into the wall/door. But he does have a set racing pattern for the yard. Down the stairs, around the fence line, under the deck and around again.

bogolove

Brady used to race up and down the stairs until we replaced the carpet at the bottom with laminates. He slides all over that floor as it is, so I guess he figures he better not take a chance. Of course, the new house will have carpet almost everywhere, so racing season will exist once again...

Buckshot said:
Great, I wonder if mine will have that brakes are for sissies attitude
Probably :D Along with the quest to discover whether he is truly the immovable object or the irresistable force . . .

And then one day they discover that there are no true obstacles and the shortest distance to whatever they are after is a straight line.

They also understand that speed kills - so they go as fast as they can . . . :eek:

Members online

No members online now.