Bruno

Ash47

Taco Dog
I haven't spoken much of my beloved old Bruno. I believe he had some Border Collie in him somewhere. His dad was a Bearded Collie, but Bruno had none of his father's looks. His mother was a possible Sheltie mix with a few other things thrown in for good measure.
Anyway, a couple years ago at the age of 16, I was told that I had depression and severe anxiety. At that point, one thing that made me feel secure was to go out and lie on the trampoline at night with my then boyfriend, now fiance, and stare up at the Alabama night sky. While we were laying there, Bruno would lay under the trampoline and make sure I was ok. Any thing I would say, whether it be to him or my boyfriend, his ears would perk up, and he would listen. He seemed to know what I was going through.

Anway, I know this was a silly story, but I just wanted to share a small part of one of the thousands of things Bruno did to brighten my life. Be prepared to read many more! ;)

Bruno met his fate while inside his humungous 4ft. chain link fence, on a long lead. He had to be on the lead because he had begun digging under the fence and we didn't want him getting out. Well, this night in particular, it was storming heavily, and lightning struck the pole that his lead was hooked to. This in turn killed my baby. He was 10 and lived a wonderul happy life.
I love you Bru-man!<<one of his goofy nicknames :rolleyes:

Barb04

Super Moderator
Please share any stories you have of Bruno. May his memory always live on in your heart.

Ash47

Taco Dog
Thanks Barb.
Bruno was my best friend and he loved me and family the same. I don't know why God chose to take him. I guess he needed a dog that would occupy the top of Heaven's Big Doghouse. LOL Bruno never slept inside, he loved the top. I know when I walk through the pearly gates, Bruno will be sitting there, waiting loyally for me. Just as he always did. I will have to gather up some of the many pics I have of him and post them on here.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Looking forward to meeting the good man. What would we do without our angels..i mean dogs! Mary knows lots of things and i always listen to her....Bronki was my healer..oh i so understand what you mean!

Ash47

Taco Dog
Thanks smkie.
Dogs, cats, animals of all kinds are healers. God sent them here as our friends and our companions. People mess eachother over so bad and so often that animals are really the only ones you can trust. That is what I always tell my fiance... "Sometimes, I really like animals more than people." LOL

Barb04

Super Moderator
Pro47 I agree. My pets have always provided me with the love and support I've needed more so than people at times. To know that if I cry over something that Max will come up and give me the Anatolian look and a big wet kiss, is the best medicine in the world!

Members online

No members online now.