Turok a impossible love

Turok is a 6 years old pit-bull, I buy him at the vet. when he was 3 months old, in that time whe had a gernman- belgian shepherd mix named Oso (bear) he had (yeah, he's death know) 10 years old.

Turok is the most lovely dog that I had :D , the thing that he most love is that I brush him.

But unfurtily here's when the happiness stop, in those days they where several attacks from pits to kids and they owners, and my familly beging to worry about him, fearing that he could attack us, I say that he can never do that but my big brother take him to his house, but I still went to see him, of course he never could attack someone.

All was going ok when in '02 I read in the newspaper a terrible thing the headlines say:
"At last, the voice of the people has being heard, it will begun the EXTERMITION of all ferius pit-bulls"

Obvious I beging to panic, the newspaper say that the monsters called pit-bulls are going to be killed whitout exeption and if someone hide a pit, a enormus fine and the extermination of the dog, will be the punishment :eek:
The newspapers even show pictures of one of the "beast" pit that bite a kid beig executed whit a rifle, that was horrible, I even cried that day.

The next days they show pictures of more dogs (they where allredy death) killed by they owners.

But furtully weeks lather they let a week for the pit owners to take the dogs from the city (only in the main 2 citys the pits are forbidden) so my dad say he's going to take turok to his rach, whish is outside of those citys.

So he take him there, in that place no one think he's a moster, he has a big place to run whitout the fear of being killed, he even save the life of my father's bull, the workers where bating him, and the bull got angry, so he almost hang himself, but the workers called Turok to calm him, Turok grab the bull's nose and the workers take the cord of.

necterine0

That is such a sad story. But i am so glad that Turok is safe. I am sorry for the child who got bit. I am sure it was due to negligent owner. so it pains me that so many innocent Pitt's had to loose their lives over this..Just not fair!
Hope you get to visit Turok often.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Thank goodness you had a place to take your dog..that would have put me into a panic.You have shown great compassion for all of the pit dogs where you live and it is so important you tell the world of their plight.. I have a question..is turok a people name like john or mary....or does it have a meaning? He was very lucky to have you and your father..i think it is a wonderful thing that he saved your father's bull. Thank you for sharing his story with me.

Last edited:

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so glad Turok is with your dad and safe. It sounds like Turok is enjoying his life on the farm. Thank you for sharing this story.

smkie said:
Thank goodness you had a place to take your dog..that would have put me into a panic.You have shown great compassion for all of the pit dogs where you live and it is so important you tell the world of their plight.. I have a question..is turok a people name like john or mary....or does it have a meaning? He was very lucky to have you and your father..i think it is a wonderful thing that he saved your father's bull. Thank you for sharing his story with me.
Yeah, that cruel that many pits die 'cause of the ignorace of the people, but for know I hove two turtles in my home Zora and Kirby.
I didn't have buy another dog since then, 'cause it was so painfull experience since the last one.

My turtles heal my pain know, but problaby is too soon to get another dog.

And I took his name from a video game that is based on a comic Turok dinosaur hunter .

Because he remis me the raptors of the game. :D

Ah, Sapphire, it's so good to hear that Turok is safe. I guess he is a hero now, to your Dad and his ranch hands. He did exactly what he was bred to do, saving the bull and maybe the people trying to free the bull too!

He's a beautiful dog.

Members online

No members online now.