The Venting Thread

Saeleofu

Hey y'all, did you know I'm a wannabe trainer? Also, I have a limited mind, and so do my dogs. I know this is true because my dad told me so.

Can I please gtfo yet? I want a job so I can move and not have to deal with this **** anymore.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Hey y'all, did you know I'm a wannabe trainer? Also, I have a limited mind, and so do my dogs. I know this is true because my dad told me so.

Can I please gtfo yet? I want a job so I can move and not have to deal with this **** anymore.
*hugs* You'll get out of there soon and surround yourself with people who appreciate you. I'm sure of it. You deserve it!

Umm...just...wow, I'm sorry you have to deal with that, please get out as soon as you can, and remember it isn't true! Some parents are truly astounding :(.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Rain all day yesterday. Thunderstorms all day today. The backyard is literally flooded. There is a small patch of grass that isn't yet swamped, but that's it.

I have a feeling I will be cleaning a muddy, swampy, sandy dog all day long. Ugh.

teacuptiger

floor dancer

I'm sorry. I get how you feel, my mom is like that. *hugs* you'll get out of there soon and things will be so much better :) Just remember that none of it is true.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
So friggin windy today

Booey McBoo town :( :(

And we sent the first load of horses (8) and another 8 are leaving this afternoon. Then two more loads tomorrow ... Plus all the **** that goes with them (bridles, saddles, fans gates etc ...)

Last edited:

Kootenay

Arrggg, some parents are so incredibly clueless when it comes to their children with dogs.

I had 2 boarding dogs here this weekend, and this evening the owners came to pick one of the dogs up. They have a little boy, maybe 1 or 2. Clearly their dog is really tolerant of him, and he starts marching around grabbing all the dogs. The other boarding dog was laying down and the kids comes over and just grabs his face and yanks. The parents aren't even paying attention, they just seem to have no clue that THEIR KID COULD GET BITTEN SO EASILY! I was right there and I quickly separated the kid and dog, who was not happy. They just laughed it off, oh, he thinks all dogs are like ours. Well guess what, he could easily end up learning that lesson the real hard way.

It just drives me nuts how many times I have been the person who notices a dog getting uncomfortable with a child, and the parents just are completely oblivious. I feel like if I had a kid I wouldn't EVER trust a dog I didn't know. I'm actually surprised more kids don't get bit in the face. I don't understand how parents aren't more worried about this and don't pay more attention to it!

Grab

It just drives me nuts how many times I have been the person who notices a dog getting uncomfortable with a child, and the parents just are completely oblivious. I feel like if I had a kid I wouldn't EVER trust a dog I didn't know. I'm actually surprised more kids don't get bit in the face. I don't understand how parents aren't more worried about this and don't pay more attention to it!
So frustrating. I'm lucky in that my kiddo is pretty oblivious to other dogs. Heck, he likes our dogs, and he'll pet them, but he's not constantly harassing them. And I don't know that I've ever seen him interested in petting someone else's dogs without prompting him to. I still keep a constant eye on him around other dogs, though. I'm not sure why anyone would risk their kid's safety by being unaware :(

Zoom

Twin 2.0
It's March 17th. Can I PLEASE START SELLING CARS THIS MONTH ALREADY???

I am at ZERO. Nada. Zilch. None. Nothing.

I'm about three seconds away from throwing myself into traffic.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I am so so stressed to the point of almost hyper-ventilating. It actually feels like a panic attack coming on and I haven't had one of those in years.

And I'm jealous too. I hate being that way but it's true. Two of my good friends just got married and got new (big) houses. I'm just....

I tried talking to my dad about it yesterday and he didn't seem that interested. I miss my mom in times like these. She would have gotten it.

Verge of tears all day long. I hate it.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I am so so stressed to the point of almost hyper-ventilating. It actually feels like a panic attack coming on and I haven't had one of those in years.

And I'm jealous too. I hate being that way but it's true. Two of my good friends just got married and got new (big) houses. I'm just....

I tried talking to my dad about it yesterday and he didn't seem that interested. I miss my mom in times like these. She would have gotten it.

Verge of tears all day long. I hate it.
Breathe. Deep breathing. Also try some of this, it always helps me:
http://www.anxietybc.com/sites/default/files/MuscleRelaxation.pdf

I can't tell you how many times I've cried for not having anyone to talk to. My parents are dead and my brother is distant. I had a moment like that last night and my BF chose that time to tell me about a nice convo he was having with his mom. Oops. :X

I wish I had a parental figure. A real one. I've had many people say "I can be your surrogate mum!" but when it comes down to it, they can't be there for me when I really need them. It's just not how it works. :(

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Breathe. Deep breathing. Also try some of this, it always helps me:
http://www.anxietybc.com/sites/default/files/MuscleRelaxation.pdf

I can't tell you how many times I've cried for not having anyone to talk to. My parents are dead and my brother is distant. I had a moment like that last night and my BF chose that time to tell me about a nice convo he was having with his mom. Oops. :X

I wish I had a parental figure. A real one. I've had many people say "I can be your surrogate mum!" but when it comes down to it, they can't be there for me when I really need them. It's just not how it works. :(
Thanks. I've been trying to sip on some water and breathe calmly. That panicked/trapped/claustrophobic feeling tough just won't go away.

I love my dad, I really do. We are very close but he is not into the whole 'let's share all our feelings and talk it out' like my mom was. I'll tell him something that is bothering me immensely then he's says something 'Ok don't worry about it'. How does that help me!? I used to talk to her for hours on end and she always knew just what to say. I miss her so much. :(

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I'm hungry. But for the past few days my body has been revolting and saying, "Oh, you're hungry? Okay, eat something. And then I'm going to make you feel bloated and unsatisfied." And I don't think I've been eating bad things.

So now I'm trying to decide what I should eat, if anything. I wish I had salad.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
We are running out of time and I'm about to have a mental breakdown over it and so is David. :( Sorry, this is going to be a huge long rant about life.

I've never had this much trouble finding a job. David either, I don't know what's wrong with us no one wants to hire. I'm a great worker! I do the best I can, am always on time, don't miss shifts, if anything I take extra shifts when needed, never let school interfere with my job, and have really good customer service skills. My biggest obstacle is I can't work during school hours (8am-1pm) and have been out of work for a few months now, but it's not like I haven't been looking for a **** job! All the jobs at the school are for workstudy students, which I don't qualify for because I don't make enough money. o_O really....ok thanks.

There's been a few times one of us had an interview, and the interviewer really liked us and made it seem like we'd get the job, go for the second interview, and again do great, and than they wouldn't give us the job. We asked each time (other than the first one, we didn't think to ask) if there was something that held them back from hiring us and for David it was just there was someone with more experience (he doesn't have as much customer service experience) and for me it was my school, they would rather hire someone not in school as students tend to be more "flaky." I'm not flaky **** it! :mad:

I've made it to the second or third interview 4 times and David 6 times. WTF!? I think we may just be failures at life. :( I just want to work, to earn my own money, to stop relying on food stamps to eat damnit.

The only way we've made it through to this point is tutoring. We live in a college town, so we've put resumes on tutoring sites and, because we know our material in each of our fields and are great tutors, we've been able to make a decent living off of it. We each have 6 people we tutor on a regular basis as they go through their courses in math, physics, engineering fields, etc. However, with summer coming up on us there is no way to make a living that way through the summer. I don't know what we are going to do at this point if we can't find a job at least for the summer. :( I just want to give up on life at this point.

I keep trying to remind myself that it always works out some way or another, but I'm not sure if it will this time. I really don't want to have to quit school and move back in with friends or family. School is covered at this point by scholarships, grants and all so it's not like it's costing me anything to go. I just want to get a job to make ti through school so i can get a job in my field. Is that really so much to ask?!

Oh, and David has 2 freaking classes, that's it! 2 classes, and we can't cover the cost of his school. :(

Ok, I'm done complaining now. *takes deep breath*

crazedACD

We are running out of time and I'm about to have a mental breakdown over it and so is David. :( Sorry, this is going to be a huge long rant about life.

I've never had this much trouble finding a job. David either, I don't know what's wrong with us no one wants to hire. I'm a great worker! I do the best I can, am always on time, don't miss shifts, if anything I take extra shifts when needed, never let school interfere with my job, and have really good customer service skills. My biggest obstacle is I can't work during school hours (8am-1pm) and have been out of work for a few months now, but it's not like I haven't been looking for a **** job! All the jobs at the school are for workstudy students, which I don't qualify for because I don't make enough money. o_O really....ok thanks.

There's been a few times one of us had an interview, and the interviewer really liked us and made it seem like we'd get the job, go for the second interview, and again do great, and than they wouldn't give us the job. We asked each time (other than the first one, we didn't think to ask) if there was something that held them back from hiring us and for David it was just there was someone with more experience (he doesn't have as much customer service experience) and for me it was my school, they would rather hire someone not in school as students tend to be more "flaky." I'm not flaky **** it! :mad:

I've made it to the second or third interview 4 times and David 6 times. WTF!? I think we may just be failures at life. :( I just want to work, to earn my own money, to stop relying on food stamps to eat damnit.

The only way we've made it through to this point is tutoring. We live in a college town, so we've put resumes on tutoring sites and, because we know our material in each of our fields and are great tutors, we've been able to make a decent living off of it. We each have 6 people we tutor on a regular basis as they go through their courses in math, physics, engineering fields, etc. However, with summer coming up on us there is no way to make a living that way through the summer. I don't know what we are going to do at this point if we can't find a job at least for the summer. :( I just want to give up on life at this point.

I keep trying to remind myself that it always works out some way or another, but I'm not sure if it will this time. I really don't want to have to quit school and move back in with friends or family. School is covered at this point by scholarships, grants and all so it's not like it's costing me anything to go. I just want to get a job to make ti through school so i can get a job in my field. Is that really so much to ask?!

Oh, and David has 2 freaking classes, that's it! 2 classes, and we can't cover the cost of his school. :(

Ok, I'm done complaining now. *takes deep breath*
Hang in there, you will find something! Where do you live? What are your fields? What are you applying to?

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Hang in there, you will find something! Where do you live? What are your fields? What are you applying to?
I'm trying to, but it's starting to get me very stressed out and nervous at this point.

Right now I'm looking for anything and everything, from customer service to factory jobs. Anything. I live near Spokane Wa. The problem is the jobs are just not there, and the jobs that are there there are a million applicants for each position. We were able to find holiday/seasonal work here and there, but right now is that awkward in between. I'm really hoping as summer approaches more places will start hiring, even if it's just over the summer!

I'm also applying for internships in Mechanical Engineering, but I won't hear back from those for a little while, so that's a possibility. My grades aren't bad at all, so I'm hoping that comes through.

I mean, we do still have a few more months (probably may or June is when we will be in real serious trouble), but I've never dreamed at least one of us wouldn't have a job by now! It's just so frustrating to put in so many applications, to really want to work, to be a hard worker and hear other people complaining about their jobs and not be able to get hired. :( I think I'm just frustrated at this point.

I have my camera and a few lens' I can sell, but that's the last thing I want to do. It would be a last ditch effort to stay afloat a bit longer.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
My city ran out of water the end of last week because we had a big melt and the river was flowing too fast to process through the treatment facility, so for 3 days we had a boil water order. Doesn't normally affect me because i have a water cooler BUT i like to drink about 3-5 bottles of water at school, refilling my contigo water bottle with tap water. So that sucked. Now the order has been off since saturday but the water has higher chlorine in it just in case. OMG does it ever not agree with my tummy. I drank one bottle of the tap water with ice and I could barely move my stomach was so bloated and tight and hurt so bad. Ick. So awful feeling.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
This isn't a vent, but since it has to do with my previous freak outs/vents, I'll post here.

Came home and David goes "Oh, I got a call from a computer software company for a job interview." :yikes: :hail: Not only is it in his field, it's a possible career, they would help finish his schooling, and ....well....money. lol

Please, we need good luck vibes! Lots of them!!!! His interview is next Wednesday.

Members online

No members online now.