Help me please!!!!!

Mikessa

Hi, I just started on here today, and I have a problem with my dog. Her name is Odessa and she is a two year old chihuahua.
The problem I have is that Odessa has become very disobediant in the last few months, and I believe it has something to do with the sound of our heating system.
Let me start out this way....Odessa used to be very obediant and she always came when called. She would always eat her food on the floor like a normal dog. But lately, she will not approach her food dish unless I put it on my bed. Also she will not come anymore when called and I'm forced to leave her outside for hours. She's scared of the heater everytime it comes on and it makes her become disobediant.
I am at my wits end with her and now she is incredibly spoiled. I need help. Can someone give me some tips on how to retrain her? I would appreciate it.

Violet21

i would take her to obedience classes. Sorry i can't give more advice, i have no experience at all with little dogs :(

Saje

Island dweller
What does your vet say?

How can a heater make a dog disobedient.

Sometimes the noise is just irritating...think about it like having to listen to your stereo on static at a very loud volume for 10~15 minutes.

If it actually is the noise of the system running that's irritating your dog, exposure is what I would try first. Try leaving the fan running for a couple hours when she's inside. Theoretically she'd get used to it and eventually phase it out while it's running...

...or, there could be a monster living in the heating ducts. Dogs are intuitive to such things.

Members online

No members online now.