Midwest Meet - Chicago area: Saturday, August 24th

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
As of right now I have a conflict...a PVC- and dog-filled conflict...but who knows, with the competition just to get *in* to trials here it's always possible that I will be free. I should know by late June/early July.

If it works out I'm not sure who I'd bring. Mira's been there before, so maybe Kim and Web should get a turn. But to go to a lake without Mira is nearly criminal... and Websteroni doesn't like lakes and is picky about dogs, though he'd love meeting all the people...Kim will probably just zoom in circles the whole time like a nutter :p

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
If I can make it up, I'll have the same struggle as Shai as I can't bring all 4 dogs to my parents' house.

Aeri is super reliable off leash, but she thinks other dogs are a bit weird and thus she tends to just offer heel the whole time. Snipe is less reliable off leash, but she looooves dogs and new people. Kes is almost too thrilled about new people, but is good off leash and a water addict, so he's prob the most definite one to come along. Ziva is neutral on dogs and not a huge fan of water, but phenomenal off leash and loves people.

Any updates on the park passes?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
As of right now I have a conflict...a PVC- and dog-filled conflict...but who knows, with the competition just to get *in* to trials here it's always possible that I will be free. I should know by late June/early July.

If it works out I'm not sure who I'd bring. Mira's been there before, so maybe Kim and Web should get a turn. But to go to a lake without Mira is nearly criminal... and Websteroni doesn't like lakes and is picky about dogs, though he'd love meeting all the people...Kim will probably just zoom in circles the whole time like a nutter :p
There is a woman there who has a Kim and a Web...but they're very fat. But they look just like Kim and Web. They were there both times I came through. Seriously, they are the fatass dopplegangers of your dog, Lindsey can vouch for this. Therefore, you should bring all three.

Also, if you come and Ryan is there, and you don't have Mira, he may cry. And nobody needs to see that.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
If I can make it up, I'll have the same struggle as Shai as I can't bring all 4 dogs to my parents' house.

Aeri is super reliable off leash, but she thinks other dogs are a bit weird and thus she tends to just offer heel the whole time. Snipe is less reliable off leash, but she looooves dogs and new people. Kes is almost too thrilled about new people, but is good off leash and a water addict, so he's prob the most definite one to come along. Ziva is neutral on dogs and not a huge fan of water, but phenomenal off leash and loves people.

I vote Ziva :D

JessLough

Love My Mutt

OH GOD YES WEBSTER.

If Webby's going, I'm going, hell or high water.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Note to self: plant GPS chips in Webster before going to meetup. Several of them.

There is a woman there who has a Kim and a Web...but they're very fat. But they look just like Kim and Web. They were there both times I came through. Seriously, they are the fatass dopplegangers of your dog, Lindsey can vouch for this. Therefore, you should bring all three.
I have to see this lol. I was there between your visits and I don't recall seeing any such dogs...

Webster's life mission is to become fat so he probably does not need to see this. He'll realize these other people clearly free-feed and leave doritos on the counter, and then he'll try to pull a twin-swap on me.

k9krazee

CROSSBONE WANTS TO SEE HIS SNIPERS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Crossbone, who isn't the best in the world off leash did great! We're moving and walking the whole time, dogs all seem to stick pretty close to the cluster of humans.

k9krazee

Ken has been pestering me ----

Anybody else interested in staying at the campground too? He said we'll bring a cooler and fire making supplies.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Ryan and I could do a campground :) But only if Ryan comes, I am too darn lazy to set up the tent myself (also, I have no clue how)

Ok, contacted the forest preserve and they don't offer any group discounts at all for day passes. Ask me how much I love that we pay a ton of money to them but it's the people park they add a drinking fountain too.

ANYWAYS, so no group discounts, sorry guys! It'll be 20 dollars per dog.

PM me for the paperwork and my address when/if you decide you're going! And remember that if you don't have a valid rabies tag but are interested in going still pm me.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Yeahh I'm a northerner at heart and I will have A/C for sleeping in August :p

Also, if you come and Ryan is there, and you don't have Mira, he may cry. And nobody needs to see that.
By the way if I don't make it and Ryan wants to play with a Flatcoat we should meet up the next time I'm in MN. Cookie probably lives less than an hour from you, just sayin.

Granted I have no idea when I will be in MN next. Almost went two weekends ago (no dog but I could probably steal Cookie for a couple hours) but it didn't work out.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Ok, contacted the forest preserve and they don't offer any group discounts at all for day passes. Ask me how much I love that we pay a ton of money to them but it's the people park they add a drinking fountain too.

ANYWAYS, so no group discounts, sorry guys! It'll be 20 dollars per dog.
Boo. But thanks for checking.

k9krazee

LAMEOS :p I just thought the camaraderie would be fun :(

Who knows, it might not even be hot by August the way things are going ;) haha

I stayed in freezing cold tent alone May 3rd! Too hot is way better than being cold!!!

Members online

No members online now.