What kind of a dog do I have?

yohan520

Hello everyone,

My dad recently found her at an animal clinic and couldn't resist. She's about 2 years old but we have no idea as to what kind of breed she is. Any thoughts?

yohan520

You're right! thanks :-D I can't wait to go home for the weekend and see her. She's already 2 years old but I'm sure that she'll grow into the family and get along well :) Haha I was wondering where I had seen that type of a dog before and it turned out that it was in a WWII videogame where the doberman was a guard dog :p

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
yohan520 said:
Could it also be a Jack Russell Terrier/Beagle mix?
hmm i doubt it neither breeds ears stand completely up like that. The ears are very Min Pin or even English Toy Terrier maybe mixed with a Smooth Fox terrier. But i think it was hit right on the head when it was said to be a possible dachshund/Min Pin cross who knows.

Actually now that I look at her again she looks more like a Min Pin/ Jack Russell cross in her face in fact im pretty sure of it. :)

yohan520

I got to meet her very briefly today- She has a long tail- doesn't that mean that she's not a mini pin since they have short tails?

nicco

Wolfpack
not necessarily...the tail is cut off when they are puppies...but many breaders leave the tail..
I think the pincher can be seen in her..not the beagle and the jack russel though
Kiss Kiss
Nicco :cool:

yohan520

She is a very lightweight dog- I had the pleasure of spending the weekend getting to know her. Although she is a very little dog, she can run like the wind. She loooves going outside and getting to explore. the uncharted territory that is my backyard. Just today morning, we accidentally left the door open after we gave her a bath and she darted outside. It was as if she was taunting us! She'd come close to us, and then dart away if we tried to get near her. When we finally managed to catch her, she was very obidient and sweet.

Simple. That's an English Dachermanrusspin...

Make sure you enter her in the Possum Holler Mutt Show thread. :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
look at manchester terrier on the web..i can't tell if her body is the tight muscle of a terrier, but the shape of the head and the markings are all correct..i had one growing p. he got me in all kinds of delicious trouble..like getting me out of schoolk by showing up, sneaking in and finding me in my class room..one day when I was riding my bike down the street he zipped off, ran in a house and came out with a baked chicken.needless to say I peddled a lot faster after that. he would run so fast his hind feet wouldn't be touching the ground...the dogs of my childhood!!!!!! Rocked!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.