MAryland Ct Residents Can yo help Savannah get to her rescue

Please contact Petra if you can help Savannah get to her rescue. A picture of Savannah can be seen on the top right column of blog.

It's Raining Cats & Dogs In West Virginia

----- Original Message -----
To: Southern Comfort Animal Rescue
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 10:51 PM
Subject: Fwd: Runsheet: Maryland to Connecticut - Transport needed desperately!!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help with this. I have not received a single offer for this and it's just for a few legs. :-(((( I am flying out of state to my son's wedding on Wednesday and have to firm something up by tomorrow night. I am so worried that this is not going to go....

All,

Please see all the way below to explain why the transport is needed. I sent this out earlier already but I decided I may get better results if I present rescuers/transporters with a run sheet. I do not know my way around up north at all but I hope I got this right:

Leg 1 (NEEDED)
Baltimore, MD to Newark, DE
1 hour, 11 minutes - 62 miles

Leg 2 (NEEDED)
Newark, DE to Winder Village, PA
1 hour, 19 minutes - 63 miles

Leg 3 (NEEDED)
Winder Village, PA to Elizabeth, NJ
1 hour, 8 minutes - 61 miles

Leg 4 (NEEDED)
Elizabeth, NJ to Port Chester, NY
1 hour, 4 minutes - 47 miles

Leg 5 - Savannah's new mom!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 1:01 PM
Subject: Maryland to Connecticut - Transport needed desperately!!!
To: Southern Comfort Animal Rescue <[email protected]>
Cc: Sally Marvin <[email protected]>

Hello all,

I hope you remember Savannah below. Savannah has rescue in Connecticut but I only have transport to Maryland next week on Friday, April 24th.

Can anyone out there help us get her there, PLEASE? Savannah's new mom is anxious to get her to CT, as Savannah had very complicated surgery on her leg that was broken when she was hit by a car and left behind. She has been to my vet as well as to another local vet who did the surgery. She is UTD on all shots and has a health certificate for her travels. Please, please help us get her to her new home. I had a gentleman here who offered to drive her the whole way as he is relocating from here to Port Chester, NY, but now I can't get in touch with him anymore. :-((((( Please let me know if you or someone you know can help. I can also be reached at 912-369-0424.

Blessings,
Petra

SAVANNAH – HIT AND RUN!

A kind woman brought this poor girl to the facility describing what she saw. She said that she couldn’t believe it but a car struck her and sped off just leaving her lying there. There was not even time to write down the license plate number. Unfortunately, the impact broke her right front leg. Savannah has been in pain ever since and we have been able to do nothing for her but give her pain killers. This is the THIRD dog in 2 weeks with a broken leg. We were able to get out the other two. Unfortunately, Savannah is a Chow mix and many people shy away from her breed though she is an absolute darling. Just look at the sweet face… She is huggable even though she’s in pain. She is good around kids and other dogs. We did not interact her fully because we did not want to risk hurting her leg even more but she sniffed other dogs through the fence and there were no signs of aggression. She even appears to be house broken because when she hobbled out of the cell on three legs she immediately and almost frantically tried to find a private place to take care of her business. She seems to be a little older, around 4-5 years old and though she looks fairly heavy she is easily picked up. Sadly, I admit that I don’t have high hopes for her because I have been rescuing just long enough to know, but I pray that someone out there sees her and just feels compelled to help her, show her what love is and gives her the chance she so desperately needs!

Members online

No members online now.