BostonBanker, Agility Trial??

adojrts

Did you go to your first agility trial?? And if so, how did it go???
I hope you had a great time and look forward to hearing about it.

Take care
Lynn

BostonBanker

Awww, that's so nice of you to remember! We did go, and had a great time!

It was a bit panicky for me at first - I had planned to go with my best friend, who had competed at that venue before. She had to pull out because of some health issues, so Meg and I set off alone.

Meg was amazing the whole time. She's such an easy dog; her only real issue is that she doesn't like other dogs approaching me. I had worried about it a bit with the crowd, but everyone had their own dogs under control.

Since I was on my own, I had a bit of a hard time figuring some of the games out. Our first class was gamblers, and I got really confused and stopped in the middle. After 15 seconds or so of just standing there while Meg stared at me, we finished the course, but of course were over time (but still placed 4th).

We were third (no Q) in Standards (I had a hard time guiding her into a tough tunnel entry). Then we won our Colors with a Q, and were third in Snooker with a Q!

I was so pleased with Meg's attitude throughout the day. She is a very cautious dog who can shut down hard and fast if something scares her. But in each run, she was happy and confident. At home, I can rarely do rear crosses with her - she's normally so worried about losing touch with me, she doesn't get that far ahead. But I couldn't catch her to do any of my planned front crosses the entire trial! All flawless rear crosses. Go figure!

http://hb3.smugmug.com/gallery/2719839#144255654-L-LB
This is my favorite picture from the trial - I was about a mile behind her!

We are planning to try our first USDAA trial in mid-June. It is very local, so I'll have a bunch of friends (and our trainer!) there to help explain things!

adojrts

That is a lovely photo!!! certainly a keeper.
I am so glad you had a great time and you Q'd!!!!!!!!!!! Thats awesome:) huge congrats.
Don't sweat getting a bit confused in the games classes, that isn't uncommon, especially if you didn't have anyone to help.
I look forward to hearing about your up and coming USDAA trial, GOOD LUCK!
I compete in AAC which is very much like USDAA in rules, regs and classes.
My Regional Championships are in 3 wks, that is also our qualifier for Nats which this year are ONLY 3 hrs away instead of 4,000 mls away lol.
I am off to bed, heading to a trial tomorrow (my mothers day present to me lol)
Take care
Lynn

Members online

No members online now.