HBO's "Dealing Dogs"

Just curious if anyone else saw this episode of "America Undercover." It was kind of awful of watch, very intense. I'm always a little wary of animal groups, but the guy running this kennel was utter filth.

HBO's summary:

Each year, 42,000 dogs are sold to veterinary schools and research labs by Class B dealers, who are required by federal law to buy the animals from pounds, shelters and small breeders and to treat them humanely. However, many Class B dealers violate the law. DEALING DOGS exposes the abuses that took place at one of America's most notorious Class B dealers - Martin Creek Kennel in Arkansas.

http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/dealingdogs/index.html

F

fastpitchchic

I saw it, I was appalled. Couldn't believe what these poor dogs had to endure. It made me sick to see how insensitive and inhumane people could be.

I tried to watch it but could not. I am not a violent person, do not endorse the death penalty. But, what I saw there, just made me want to shoot them all.

Cole's Mom

My vet school can only pick up animals after they've been euthanized by animal control, and any animals used for terminal surgeries are research-grade dogs (meaning they are bred and born in a single facility) that cost $12,000 each because of all the regulation surrounding them.

Members online

No members online now.