German Shepherd Vs. Doberman

C

cindr

gsd/dobie

Its not the GSD thats evil in many and most cases, its the owner that is the evil monster. Same said for the Dobe.

Yall are arguing the breed, you need to be arguing the breeder, the trainer, and the owners of GSDs and Dobes.

Ild likely own a Pit or a Staff before I owned a GSD or a Dobe.
Why is that? We have had many Gsd's and Dobie's in our day an none of them out of contex all great dogs. Mind you many of them we raised. And many were raised by others. I would never ever blame the breed as stated it is the owner and the breeder that need to be evaluated. But as the dog mentioned in my last post she was raised in a kennel and new nothing else. Again the breeders fault.

Cole's Mom

Dobe Lover
If you are a first time dog owner, you may not want to look at either of these breeds especially the dobe.

Go to dog shows. Look at both breeds talk to the exhibitors and people around the breed rings. Go to the parent club websites. For the dobe it is
www.dpca.org.

Cole's Mom

otch1

Hello again, Coles mom. My breeder just got back from National Specialty. Did very well. Good site for first post to go to!!

Why is that? We have had many Gsd's and Dobie's in our day an none of them out of contex all great dogs. Mind you many of them we raised. And many were raised by others. I would never ever blame the breed as stated it is the owner and the breeder that need to be evaluated. But as the dog mentioned in my last post she was raised in a kennel and new nothing else. Again the breeders fault.
My personal preference for dog breeds.

The breed, you and I agree on this, is not to blame its the breeder. Sometimes its also the owners and sometimes trainers.

C

cindr

Yup

My personal preference for dog breeds.

The breed, you and I agree on this, is not to blame its the breeder. Sometimes its also the owners and sometimes trainers.
Hey you are So right. I sent out a post the other day about a so called dog trainer that I was thinking of hiring. Well, I will tell you this if he was the last human on this earth and there were a dog around. I take the hint and run like crazy.

When I first spoke to this guy, I really thought he new his stuff. Well was I wrong. yes I do things so much differant than others. But to be honest with you it works. It also weeds out the bad trainers.

So I asked him these simple quick to the point questions.
1) Have you ever started a dog from the ground up? He blantantly states Nope#$#$ day in my life!!! OKAy

2) Well then tell me where are your justifications as too expecting a dog training job here. He stated: Well I was trained military! Your point~:mad:

3) Well the military just put a bunch of guy's in a room with supervisors and guards to sit back and watch you. One wrong move your off the team,. Yeah but you have never handled a dog before where is the justification in that. Now we all know better this guy was just pulling my leg, I think

4) So now I ask him: I have a fully trained K-9 Dog arriving at 12.00 pm. I need you to go get the dog. Since you are the only experianced handler on the site. Would you go get it. His statement was NOPE I WOULD NEED BACK UP!!!

5) Okay now I have a very aggressive dog in a kennel that needs to get out. This dog is so bad no one can get near it. Now I am going to instruct you to go into that kennel and bring the dog to me. How would you attempt that and would you do it? No way!! I would need back up!!!

I looked at this person as to say WHAT PLANET DID YOU COME FROM????????? On one hand you are telling me that you are a Professional K-9 Security and Millitary K-9 Dog handler and on the other hand you are telling me you terrified of the dogs. Sure everyone is to have fear and it is great to have don't get me wrong. But do not announce that you have this credential and that credential if it is a full faced lie. So what I now am telling a lot of you new bee's be very careful when taking your dog to the trainers. Ask for experiance and credentials get referances do everything that you can to prevent having someone take your hard earned money teaching you and your dog the wrong ways of dog ownership. There are too many good ones out there

zaidoo

Breaking News:

Zaidoo is getting a German Shepherd Puppy after more than a month's research and learning!

Members online

No members online now.