Any Whippet owners here?

RD

Are you dead yet?
I am seriously considering a Whippet as my next breed (Still talking with my family about what would suit us best in the next year or so, whether it will be a Border Collie or a sighthound.) but I have yet to attend some shows and get involved with the breed. Does anyone here own one and can you tell me much about their personalities?

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
I've met a couple of them at social classes. They seem really delicate and quiet really... shy, if you will. But they seem like real love bugs with their owners.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Yeah, judging by the few that I have met, "quiet" describes them well.

I was actually attracted to them because of that. They're so dignified and graceful, and just polite by nature. Quite unlike the Border Collie, but still great.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Are they the ones that are extremely fast runners? Or are those grey hounds? I'm pretty sure it's grey hounds... but either way, whippets seem like really cool dogs. To me, whippets are like one of those dogs that are very content with just sleeping and cuddling all day but if the need to play arises, they're all for it.

Melissa_W

Ask Manchesters about it on her forum, or you could probably get her email address from yuckaduck.

RD

Are you dead yet?
BigDog2191 said:
Are they the ones that are extremely fast runners? Or are those grey hounds? I'm pretty sure it's grey hounds... but either way, whippets seem like really cool dogs. To me, whippets are like one of those dogs that are very content with just sleeping and cuddling all day but if the need to play arises, they're all for it.
Both are quite fast and used in coursing. Greys are larger, have straigher backs and aren't as 'zippy' as Whippets, from what I've seen.

Melissa, thanks, I forgot that Manchesters had Whippets.

Members online

No members online now.