Positive Clicks Trick Challenge

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Would anyone like an extra week (making it 3 weeks total) to get everything done, and those who wanted to catch up?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I would be down for 3 weeks, but I realize that a lot of people are further along than I am so they may want 2 weeks. Don't want to hold up the train(ing) :p

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Don't worry, you're not the only one behind (yes, behind in my own trick challenge).

I think I need to just do one dog, and stop trying to attempt it with all 4. Haha.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I think I need to just do one dog, and stop trying to attempt it with all 4. Haha.
I've been working with Mollie too, so that may be slowing me down. I can't help it though, every time I work with Frodo she wants in on it to! She doesn't even want treats most of the time, just to participate, and how can I say no to that??

You should split it up, like this time we have four, so you should teach one trick to each dog!

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I've been working with Mollie too, so that may be slowing me down. I can't help it though, every time I work with Frodo she wants in on it to! She doesn't even want treats most of the time, just to participate, and how can I say no to that??

You should split it up, like this time we have four, so you should teach one trick to each dog!
That's true. But they'd have to learn the trick anyways to try for the Novice Trick Title.

Did you find your cord yet? If you want, I may have an extra USB cord, or three, laying around somewheres.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I do have my cord, thanks! Now I just need to teach/spiffy up everything so I can be ready to take a video of it all!
For my own reference, my list...

Can do:
-Recall
-Down
-Sit
-Stay
-Shake hands (left)
-Kennel (go to mat)
-Spin
-Catch

In Progress:
-Crawl (need to fade lure)
-Place (pivot to heel...ugh!)

Need to Teach!:
-Back Up
-Kisses (not too worried, hellooooo luring with peanut butter! lol)
-Shake hands (right)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I still can't get Auggie to kiss me on camera, LOL, but I don't think I need another week...
Maybe instead of doing three/four/five tricks every week, just do one easier trick and another more difficult trick? That would be easier for people who are falling behind to catch up too.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I would enjoy another week but honestly I don't think Juno will ever get these tricks (aside from kisses), at least not in any reasonable time frame... so I suppose it doesn't matter.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
How about another week, and then only 1-2 tricks per week after that?

I made a Facebook page, if anyone is interested in seeking help for tricks, or just sharing advice on how-to's or what not.

Oh wait. I think I did the place wrong. Were they supposed to pivot to the left, or go around to the right?

I think I missed doing a few of the tricks. I might have to edit my video. Oops.

GoingNowhere

PWcorgi, if you're going for the trick title, "place" is actually circling around your back and ending up at the left side. The trick, "side," is classified as "swing to my left side" but no worries, they're both listed under the 'novice' trick section. :)

I have a video with "place" and "spin," (will get it up soon!) We'll work on the other two later. These foster pups are eating so much of my time! I'll get a video of them doing their 'sits' and 'downs' too, though. It's completely adorable!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Finn has this week done, I videoed it, but YouTube is NOT liking the video. It won't upload it.

I'll keep trying. He CANNOT do Crawl, though. He fails so bad. I lure it the same way every time, and he just gets frustrated and falls into a "Bang". XD

Good news though, Finn theoretically has all of his tricks needed to qualify for NTD! Just need to send in his paperwork. :p

GoingNowhere

Allie - try the basic uploader version of youtube... my computer is too old to upload using the usual uploader, but if I click the link to take me to the basic version, it works just fine. :)

Also - 2 of the 4 are up.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
So I looked in the book and realized "catch" is supposed to be "hold it on your nose, then toss it in the air and catch it." Oops. I just filmed Auggie catching a toy I threw to him. Are we going by the book here?

Beanie- I had avril catch 3 treats in the air. She doesn't not have the patience or the skill to balance a cookie on her nose and catch it!

Doberluv

Toker does the nose balancing treat trick. If she can do it, anyone can do it. She's one of the most intense, food obsessed, impatient dogs I know. LOL. Can you imagine what self control it takes to not eat that treat prematurely? Hahaha. I wish I could do a video. But she already learned to catch treats in mid air. She's quick, I tell you. I can throw a treat in practically any direction...left, right, up high, not so high and her eyes follow it and SNAP! She's got it. That's the hardest part...getting them to catch it.

Chuli can crawl, but I still need to wiggle my fingers in front of her somewhat....haven't faded that hand signal thing out yet. I never did use a treat to lure, but kind of wiggled my fingers and pulled my hand forward to guide her. Now, I just need to get it on the verbal only.

Members online

No members online now.