So this looks like a seizure?

Still having some occasional Buster problems. This time it was daylight, so I got video. Vet originally thought it might be related to poop and anal glands, but I think that was wrong. This happened without any of the usual preceding poop or vomit episode.

First video is about 2 minutes of whatever, 6min of sitting around with a bit of drool, and then walking progressively better for about 2 minutes, finishing with some jumping. Second video is a couple minutes later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKiGINGhJDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBp55wfpQzk

Do the tags not work?

Last edited:

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Was this after any sort of exercise/play? It looks a lot like the Border Collie Exercise Induced Collapse videos I've seen.

If not after exercise, it could be a partial seizure for sure.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I had to go back and read your other thread... I would agree that yes, it does appear to be a seizure of some kind. The fact that beforehand it occurred with pooping and vomiting and it did not this time seems slightly odd but seizures don't always look the same, so both could certainly be seizures.

The vet still has no ideas? =/

Was this after any sort of exercise/play? It looks a lot like the Border Collie Exercise Induced Collapse videos I've seen.

If not after exercise, it could be a partial seizure for sure.
Not after any sort of play. Big hikes or inlinejor don't seem to cause this. In the last year he's done half mile sprints with the skates, 8mi hikes and chased a mountain bike for several miles. Getting slower and more sore with that sort of thing (being 7 now!), but no collapse.

He was actually sitting at the door when it started (10 seconds earlier).

Any time I've seen it before it was rear legs which makes it look a little better (its more a flopped over lazy sit for a few minutes instead of falling over like that). Rear leg episodes have often followed pooping, straining, or vomiting.

In seeing the video, at the very least I would call it a "neurological disorder", something is certainly going on and the looks he occasionally shoots to the camera look a little "stressful" in nature, and when he walks back to you at one point his forelegs looks stiff and uncoordinated. But good for you to get it on video! I always hate having to describe things to the vet and get no answers (going through that right now, my camera is too slow to turn on!).

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I would agree this is something neurological going on--certainly would show it to the vet for better identification of what is happening.

Well, the vet thinks its some sort of mini seizure. Given how rare they seem to be (once or twice a month?) we didn't do much.

So I have a weird dog. I guess I knew that already.

Remmy

When Remmy had his first seizure it was at an Agility trial but he had not been running a course just before it, had been in the ring but it was a Snooker course and he went off-course after doing two obstacles so not much effort. I was walking him back to my shade tent when he dropped, went stiff and just lay there. There was a Vet on the grounds and we just kept him quiet and he came out of it.

He did not have a second seizure for another six weeks and it was more like what your dogs was. He suddenly in the morning, got wobbly, fell over and just lay there but did not lose consciousness like the first one. I took him into the Vet and when they did liver bile tests, his numbers were off. She suggested putting him on antibiotic for a month and whatever it was, he has been fine and that was in July 2011 and he has been back doing Agility since then with no more problems. I did take him back in in Feb. 2012 and got a bile test done and he was fine.

Members online

No members online now.