Puppy Blues... :(

I was wondering if anyone has ever felt this way. I have posted ALOT about Riley on here. She has been progressing great. We do have setbacks and alot of health issues. I just feel kinda trapped. My poor son is upset because I always have to watch her and if not I feel bad that she is in her crate. Then I feel even worse because my son thinks I dont spend enough time with him.
I know I am not the only one who has a puppy and a child. I just am feeling a bit overwhelmed right now and I a bit of sadness. Anyone with encouraging words or similar feelings feel free to reply.
Thanks

bubbatd

Feel for you , but this can be a Mom/son and puppy pack ! IT's a new member of the family and everyone has to work out a happy out come . Good luck !

Oh I know. My son is only going to be 6. He does help but she can be a bit much sometimes LOL. My husband works alot, I am a stay at home mom right now. It is just a bit overwhelming. I just feel like with all her health issues so far things have been crazy.

bubbatd

My grandson Nash will be 6 next month .... he and Seger are great pals !! Hang in there !! At least you're home all day !!

It'll be okay, and this is coming from a mom with a 2yr old abnd 5yr old and 6 weeks old puppy and a 5 yr old lab. Trust me i know the feeling but it DOES get better, once the kids realize they have a new family member and are an active part of everything, things will go smoothly, try to involve your son in the play activities and also the training, don't overwhelm him, just let him see that hes as much a part of the puppy's family as you and hubby are, its kinda like bringing in a human child, there will have to be adjustments for everyone involved, but it DOES get better. (( hugs )) If you need anyone to talk to feel free to pm me.

Members online

No members online now.