Trick of the week: Frog!

My friend had noticed this thread and she would like to teach this trick to her dog Lotta. My friend didn't know before she saw this thread that this is an actual trick. Lotta doesn't do it by herself but her previous dog would often lay in that position.

My friend doesn't even know where to begin in teaching that trick. She could try it with a pillow like here:
Here is mine and Lo's first try:
[YOUTUBE]l61n06KG4B8&feature[/YOUTUBE]
However, that video doesn't show all the stages. It should be teached one part at the time to my friend's dog Lotta because of this: Lotta often acts silly and when she is acting silly, it helps when the wanted behavior is divided in small parts and she's always rewarded after taking just a little step for the right direction.

Sometimes Lotta is concentrating so much on acting silly that she doesn't notice or understand that my friend is trying to teach her something. Lotta sometimes just stares at her and waggs her tail because she doesn't get that she should do something else.

Since this trick should be teached in small parts to Lotta, how should my friend teach this and where should she begin? There is not only one way Lotta is trained with. My friend uses a clicker.

My friend had noticed this thread and she would like to teach this trick to her dog Lotta. My friend didn't know before she saw this thread that this is an actual trick. Lotta doesn't do it by herself but her previous dog would often lay in that position.

My friend doesn't even know where to begin in teaching that trick. She could try it with a pillow like:
In DenoLo's video
Although it says that "Here is mine and Lo's first try"

that video doesn't show all the stages. My friend means that it goes too fast. At the beginning the dog is sitting near the pillow but next she is already laying on the pillow.

Whereas:
It should be teached one part at the time to my friend's dog Lotta because of this: Lotta often acts silly and when she is acting silly, it helps when the wanted behavior is divided in small parts and she's always rewarded after taking just a little step for the right direction. ..../

/....Since this trick should be teached in small parts to Lotta, how should my friend teach this and where should she begin? There is not only one way Lotta is trained with. My friend uses a clicker.
My friend wants to add that Lotta doesn't for example know how to back up onto something like here:
I have a video:

Frog is at 2:22.
[YOUTUBE]LkKKby8iEHQ[/YOUTUBE]

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Eleonora - these video's posted here are people training their own dogs, who have a wide variety of tricks and commands already up their sleeves. They aren't being posted as a tutorial video, but to show what their dogs are learning. It's up to the individual trainer to decide what would be the best way to teach his/her dog.

I'm going to cheat...

Hey, look, I taught it! ^^

Okay, so that's just Abrams being Abrams...I'll totally try to capture it when he does it so I can get it put on cue. It's a fairly regular occurrence.

We told that:
My friend had noticed this thread and she would like to teach this trick to her dog Lotta....//....Lotta doesn't do it by herself ..../

/.....My friend doesn't even know where to begin in teaching that trick.
Eleonora - these video's posted here are people training their own dogs, who have a wide variety of tricks and commands already up their sleeves. They aren't being posted as a tutorial video, but to show what their dogs are learning...
My friend knows that. Videos for this particular trick doesn't need to be such where one explains verbally how to teach it as long as they show the process.

It should be teached one part at the time to my friend's dog Lotta because of this: Lotta often acts silly and when she is acting silly, it helps when the wanted behavior is divided in small parts and she's always rewarded after taking just a little step for the right direction. ....
This is the only video that shows all the stages:
However:
Lotta doesn't for example know how to back up onto something
So, this trick should be teached to Lotta in this way:

The only one where it is teached by that way is
In DenoLo's video
Although it says that "Here is mine and Lo's first try"

that video doesn't show all the stages. My friend means that it goes too fast. At the beginning the dog is sitting near the pillow but next she is already laying on the pillow.
Does someone have a video where this trick is teached in stages in the same way as in the picture? Like we told, one doesn't need to explain in the video of how to teach it.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Why doesn't she start by teaching her to back up onto something? People share whatever video they want to share, tiny clips or the whole process. It's showing their progress, not how to do it.

Why doesn't she start by teaching her to back up onto something? People share whatever video they want to share, tiny clips or the whole process. It's showing their progress, not how to do it.
It would be easier to teach it by the way we told in the previous message.

"My friend had noticed this thread and she would like to teach this trick to Lotta....//....Lotta doesn't do it by herself ....//.....My friend doesn't even know where to begin in teaching that trick."

The reason why we have asked about this trick is that my friend has not found any information by herself of how to teach this. How did you figure out this trick since there is no such information?

There is an easier way to teach, Lotta has not been trained much and that is advanced behavior:
Why doesn't she start by teaching her to back up onto something?

People share whatever video they want to share, tiny clips or the whole process. It's showing their progress, not how to do it.
Videos for this particular trick doesn't need to be such where one explains verbally how to teach it as long as they show the process.
One could easily see in those kind of videos how to teach it.

Does someone have a video where this trick is teached in stages in the same way as in the picture?
If no one has that kind of video could you at least write what to do here*?

So, this trick should be teached to Lotta in this way:

This is probably how to start teaching this frog trick:
Regardless of how you teach this, first stages are: the dog looks at the pillow/goes near it, next s/he sniffs/touches the pillow, then the dog is standing so that her/his front paws are on the pillow. *How do you continue teaching the trick if you use a) luring b) shaping? So, can someone tell this to my friend?

....My friend doesn't even know where to begin in teaching that trick."

The reason why we have asked about this trick is that my friend has not found any information by herself of how to teach this...
My friend would want to add that we have this thread and we just wrote there a new message. It would be good if you read it.

Members online

No members online now.