Your favorite dinner...

ACooper

If you could come home this evening and have ANYTHING magically prepared and on your plate...........

What would it be?

Feel free to include details.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Something I don't eat anymore: mac n cheese. I'm sorry, chopped up cauliflower is NOT macaroni. I don't even bother with that poor substitute. *sigh*

Taqroy

We're having sloppers for dinner tonight. I am super excited since we've been out of green chilis for three months and I've been in serious withdrawal. Lol.

(For the un-initiated, sloppers are an open face cheeseburger (usually two patties) smothered in green chili. They are the most delicious invention ever.)

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Brians beer battered fried fish and his homemade fries. he leaves the skins on the potatoes and cuts them fat and chunky. Oh man... the best meal on the planet.

OOOOOH or his Shrimp Alfredo. If it was magically not so fattening and bad for you I'd eat it every single day lol

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
#74 from Scoma's in San Francisco.

It's a "Shellfish Saute". Shrimp, scallops, lobster, crab sauteed with veggies and spices in a white whine/butter sauce. Served over penne.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Sushi. All sushi. Especially fried sushi rolls. Thank God my birthday is on Wednesday and I'm going to get some! :)

ACooper

#74 from Scoma's in San Francisco.

It's a "Shellfish Saute". Shrimp, scallops, lobster, crab sauteed with veggies and spices in a white whine/butter sauce. Served over penne.
Not a big seafood lover here.......but I do like lobster, so I'd probably give it a try anyway :)

Although, I've heard LOTS of horrible things about Scoma's!
(review wise)

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Not a big seafood lover here.......but I do like lobster, so I'd probably give it a try anyway :)

Although, I've heard LOTS of horrible things about Scoma's!
(review wise)
Interesting. That restaurant is in my top 5 across the nation. The food is great (although expensive).

JacksonsMom

Honestly? Hamburger helper... cheeseburger Marconi flavor. LOVE that stuff yet I so rarely eat it (probably a good thing, LoL).

My family's favorite meal is Roast Beef served with mashed potatoes and gravy and broccoli (with cheese sauce if its special occasion) and fresh bread. (Oh gravy and cheese sauce of course from scratch or they are nasty!)

My favorite though is probably carne asada tacos:) Luckily my family really likes that too

Red.Apricot

I want chicken from the India's Clay Oven restaurant near us. It is amazing.

Or my dad's meatloaf.

Or lemon chicken with mashed tatos and gravy (lemon chicken gravy urgh dead).

Now I'm hungry.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
- Thin spaghetti with my mom's garlic butter and olive oil sauce (It's light and delicious!) s
- Chicken pan cooked in olive oil with some kind of honey barbeque stuff (not even sure what is in this chicken seasoning but that's my best guess.. it's light and the chicken is really moist and just YUM with a bit of the sweetness)
-For dessert..- Vanilla ice cream with gummy worms (NOT BEARS!) inside lol

simple.. but it's my favorite meal by far. My mom makes it a lot (minus the gummy worms) and on top of being delicious it also makes me think of home.

Puckstop31

Super-Genius
My moms fried chicken, spuds and green beans. I have the recipie but I just can't get it the same. I can get the mashed right, but the chicken just is never the same.

Closely followed by Tanya's chili. It gets better every time and is extra NOM of late because of fresh, home grown tomatoes.

Restaurant food? A place close to my office called "Bunha Faun", has a salmon dish with crab over the BEST champagne sauce. I swear, I would eat almost anything if it had that sauce on it.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Oooh, I could also reaaally go for Thai red curry chicken at the moment too. Or some chicken korma.

NOW I'm getting hungry. lol.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Oh restaurant food to?

Ummm.. I really like the steak frittes from this french restaurant in Miami called George's. The owner is this fabulous french man and the filet is always PERFECT plus they have those thin perfect fries and it's all just YUM!!

all of that topped with some champagne and I am on CLOUD 9.

Just the champagne by itself would do it actually lol but it's better with food.

ACooper

NOW I'm getting hungry. lol.
I know.......I'm starting to think this thread might not have been one of my better ideas! hahaha

Whoever mentioned their dad's meatloaf.....for most people that's a strange favorite (IMO) but you are not alone! My oldest son (just turned 23) LOVES my meatloaf. That is his birthday food request, or any opportunity he gets to ask for it, LOL

I have a pretty strange favorite too......Tuna Casserole! :eek: Most people look at me as if I'd grown an extra head when I tell them, LOL It can't be just any Tuna Casserole though. It MUST be baked, made with the thin amish style egg noodles, topped with EXTRA sharp cheddar, and have plain chips or ritz crackers crumbled over it.

I love steak, lobster, lots of Mexican & Italian dishes........but a proper tuna casserole tops my list!

Members online

No members online now.