Neat old Sheltie pic

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I've always seen a really shoddily photoshopped pic of this dog where the background had been cut out and the outline was just... strange. But I came across this one with the background. Ch Lerwick Rex, the first American sheltie champion. I believe it's 1910.

I really wish I could find a modern sheltie that looked like that.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
She's originally from a breeder in Kentucky and i believe came to our area (i think came to Alta Pete maybe)as a herding prospect, washed out because she was pretty soft, then sort of went through local rescue and ended up with my instructor i think.

Disclaimer: I'm not 100% sure on the exact details of how she came to be here but i know she's from Kentucky and she has a pedigree, i've only known her about a year.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
If it WAS Alta Pete, you might try to contact the Glens, I'm sure they could get you a pedigree or what breeder she came from.

Also, I'd be interested to know, because she is SUPER CUTE.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Also, that page is just further proof that FCRs and herders are awesome together :p

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
That is still my all-time favorite pic of Gyp lol. Hopefully she's okay with it being shared...

And Laurelin you didn't miss anything -- just that Mandy knows in-person someone I sort of know through the FCR world lol.
I'm sure it's fine, it's my picture anyways :)

JacksonsMom

LOVE that dog in the OP. Cute cute cute. I love the smaller BC's - I think if I were to ever add a BC, I'd like a bit smaller sized one.

Members online