Girly Stuff

milos_mommy

I was more just curious about how you liked it overall? I've heard good things but was curious about your personal opinion
Oops, sorry! I love love love the way the black soap makes my hair, it's super super soft but not at all weighed down. On my skin it doesn't seem to be too much different than the other natural soaps I've used.

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
+1 to the tarte lip stains! My favourite of all the ones I've tried. Just don't get it on your skin because they are so not kidding on that "stain" part haha.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lipstain is supposed to be great, I intend to try that too though. I like trying new stuff... especially if it's drugstore because cheap is nice to my bank account haha.
I like the revlon but it stays a little sticky for my liking.

Have you tried any of the OCC lip tars?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I went into sephora to buy ONE new eyeliner brush.

Ugh I got so much new stuff! HOW DO THEY DO THIS?! WITCHCRAFT!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I like the revlon but it stays a little sticky for my liking.

Have you tried any of the OCC lip tars?
I have not! Right now I'm using the lip/cheek stain by Stila. It's a good product but I don't like the packaging... it's one of those crank-up kind of ones with a brush tip. You have to crank it a bajillion times to get any product and then it's like NO NO TOO MUCH PRODUCT STOP! I like how the OCC ones are just in a little squeeze tube... maybe I will try those too.

I am a fan of the crayon-type lipstain though, haha. So easy. IT'S A CRAYON.

Have any of you ladies used Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs?
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod2870017

I was looking for something to possibly cover my huge knee bruise for Saturday because I think I'm going to run in shorts rather than my capris and... well, my one knee looks kind of gross. I'm using witch hazel to try and clear it up some in the meantime... but this product came up on a forum somewhere. Apparently it works great to cover bruises. I was planning on using one of those gradual tanning lotions anyway so I'm not the great big pasty beast while out running so this might be a two birds, one stone kind of deal?

My other option is Dermablend maybe... or... just slap a big bandaid on it, hahaha.

tzigane

For the first time in, oh 3 years, I'm getting an interest in makeup. I bought my first mascara in 3 years the other week, and I'm sticking to that for now.

But! I have a photo (self-portrait) I want to do soon. I just ordered the dress (http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/lady-love-song-dress). I don't know what to do with my hair or makeup! My hair is ~shoulder-length and blonde, naturally slightly wavy. I could either do a scrunched wave (looks a little like this, but a bit messier http://s3.amazonaws.com/ths_assets_...he-best-lazy-day-hairstyles-busy-phillips.jpg) or dry it and straighten it. I'm thinking for the makeup do a dark red lip. Should I do anything other than mascara and eye-liner for the eyes?

ETA: I am so glad this thread is here. I FEEL LOST. My friend is gonna give me a makeup tutorial (I don't know how to put on eyeliner!) but I want to get more input on WHAT I should do for it.

With that dress...yes, I would go for bold red lip and winged black liner.

Look up pin-up makeup and hairstyles as I think that would look awesome with the dress.

I did a little digging and it seems to have great reviews. I really like Makeup Alley for their reviews, always pretty informative! Seems like it stays on really nice but is pretty drying.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?itemid=43923

I think I might look into it!

I need to stay off of amazon. Especially having prime because all things need to come live with me.

I bought Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay because it had such good reviews and why not. Tried it last night with my sister and my skin felt really nice after.

Also bought some African Black Soap!

Oh, and an update on the OCM for me is my skin is still doing really good! I'm getting close to my period and my face has been more oily and things but still no breakouts!

And my sister who is a life long sufferer of HORRIBLE blackheads, like just endless amounts, is almost completely rid of them doing OCM with me. She's just in heaven right now, I'm so happy for her!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I was looking for something to possibly cover my huge knee bruise for Saturday because I think I'm going to run in shorts rather than my capris and... well, my one knee looks kind of gross.
A friend swears by Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer ($6 at Walmart) for covering up things on your legs - she has a tattoo she has to hide and when she uses the Glamoflauge you can't tell!

FG167

I bought headbands from Linds' last post (asking about headbands ;) ) and I LOVE THEM! I've never had them that stayed on and didn't hurt my head at the same time. I have a super active job (LOTS of flailing dogs, large dogs) and this one stayed in alllll day. :) I am thrilled. The ones I got are from Busy Bee. I also tried to order one from Lulumon or something like that and it went through and then like 4 days later I received an email that said my order had been canceled. No reason, just canceled. I emailed the company (could not reply to email) and asked why and they said they were out of stock. I think that is bad customer service handling right there.

My hair is starting to get long (down to my bra strap now) and it's super humid here and I'm outside basically all day long. I need something to help with the frizz. My hair is pretty wavy but not really *curly*. I've been braiding it and that's ok but I'm wondering if there is any product I can toss in while wet and let it be. I abhor when it's crunchy and can't keep my hands from crunching the crunch.

FG167

Yes they both have some. They are separated from the other shampoos and conditioner in a more "organic" section, usually by the Burt's Bees stuff. At least around here.

Airn

If you can't find a shampoo you want at Wal Mart, ask the pharmacy. We carry a lot of the 'special order' stuff. I just got some organic shampoo today.... Teatree mint, something.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I have decided to try the ACV rinse method but every link I can find lists oils like rosemary, mint & lavender ... I just want to do a straight ACV rinse but the only link I can find calls for 2-3 tablespoons of ACV for every 16 OZ of water.

Also do/can I condition afterward? Will I have to? How long should I leave it in?

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Wow you never realize how many products have that laurel sulfate until you really read o_O, while I was at the store out of curiosity I read many of the shampoos that I used & I was shocked at how many had "laurel sulfates" in them.

Anyways I tried the ACV method, I used three TBL spoons of ACV in 16 OZ of water & left it in for a fire minutes while indie other things in the shower. After I washed it out it still felt ... Weird like my hair felt sticky or like ... Filmy. So I had to follow it up with shampoo (some of the websites said to do this anyway but I was hoping to avoid it).

There is still some residual buildup left but not near as much as there was before I used the ACV wash. It's mostly at the crown of my head above my forehead where my hair parts in the middle.

The real shock was when I felt my face ... It's so soft & smooth, it feels like I exfoliated it :confused: even my pores look smaller ... Who knew?

milos_mommy

If you use baking soda in your hair before the ACV rinse, it shouldn't leave buildup - at least mine didn't, but I never put any products in my hair, either.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
The acv stuff I've read is 1 part acv to 1 part water. Is that too much acv?? Just wondering cause you said you used a few tbs for 16oz of water.

I'm interested in using it instead of conditioner! Anyone have success with it? (I looked back a few pages but not too far so I'm sorry if someone already told their story!)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I don't know ... The particular recipe I read said 2-3 tablespoons for 16OZ of water by I have also read other that said 1/3 cup ACV & 2 cups water ... I guess it's whatever your hair can tolerate I suppose

I guess it's the same with the baking soda. I myself when I try it I will make a more diluted mix since my hair / scalp can be very sensitive.

Like I said the real surprise was my face ... (Since the ACV kind of "ran" down it during the washing) it was so soft & i swear my pores were smaller when I looked at myself in the mirror ... So if nothing else it could also make a great face wash :p

Members online