Growth on the inside of the mouth

pitbulliest

Hi guys...
I have a little bit of a problem. Probably about three days ago I was brushing Messina's teeth and I noticed this round white bump on the inside of her lip...I couldn't figure out what it was...it looks like a ball of cotton...very soft looking and round...and a creamy white..like I said..similar to a small ball of cotton (I guess you can compare the size to a large ladybug?).

Anyways...Messina has had some growths before..one on her elbow that went away by itself after a few months..and one on her toe..which I waited for it to go away but after about 4 months decided to simply remove..I was very happy when the doctor did a local freeze on her toe instead of operating on her while she was asleep (I HATE anesthetic (sp?))

So..I went to the vet with her yesterday and he told me that I should wait for a few months and it should go away...he said it looks like a wart type growth..but as far as I know, warts don't just go away..you have to burn them or remove them...so I was a little confused by that..but he told me to wait..

Have you guys ever had anything like that grow inside your dogs mouth? He said its not cancerous or anything...and that I shouldn't really worry...and to be honest..the only thing that I'm worried about is having to get it removed..I would hate the thought of having her put asleep to get it operated on...because I know they couldn't do a local on the inside of her mouth..that would be difficult without her moving around too much I'm sure.

What do you guys think...do those kinds of wart thingies go away?
(sorry about the dreadfully long post)

RD

Are you dead yet?
Buster had one of those, and it eventually did go away, but it stayed for quite a while longer than a few months. (about a year, until it was finally completely gone)

Baileys

I've never ran into a growth like that on the inside of the mouth, but I did have a Collie a few years ago (someone puppynapped her :() anyhow, she got a growth (tumor looking thing) on her side. My vet wasn't concerned, but you know how worried you get as a parent ;). My grandmother suggested using something that they used to use for seed warts back in the day. Tea Tree Oil. I put it on her side every day for about 2 weeks, and in a month, it was gone. No blemish, no nothing. I thought it may have been a warble at one point, but there was never any seepage (sp) or any other warble like symptoms. Anyhow, the tea tree oil seemed to have really helped it along in shrinking. I also used it for the "hot spots" that dogs sometimes get.

pitbulliest

would I be able to put tea tree oil inside her mouth? And I'm sorry, but what is a warble? As far as I have looked..the marshmellowy white cottony looking growth that SHE has doesn't seem to be seeping as of yet..
I hope you guys are right... thanks you guys...if anyone has anymore advice please feel free to comment...any bit helps a worried parent like myself hehe..

Well, she won't like the taste - at all, but it should be okay.

You know, I just had a thought. It could be just a run of the mill canker sore, and there are all sorts of OTC things that you can put on one. OR, you can use the old stand-by, Pepsodent toothpaste. Just rub some right on the spot, it works great. Of course, it goes without saying, if you want to use any of the OTC ointments, check with the vet to make sure there aren't any ingredients toxic to dogs. Even some Listerine or other strong anti-bacterial mouthwash (Dr. Tichener's is fantastic) applied with a cotton swab would probably be a good choice.

Like you, I wonder what a warble is? Funny how bird words get stuck to mouth problems. Baby's can get something called "thrush."

pitbulliest

Well my vet told me to leave it right now, and according to most of you, it seems like its not a life and death situation so I'm going to wait a few months like recommended, and see if it goes away by itself..if not, I'll have to do something about it then...in the meantime, please pray for Messina you guys. I love her so and I"m always really worried about her :(

Thank you for all the replies.

Just keep watching it, and try to measure it so you can see if it gets larger. Also watch for changes in the shape.

I know you're going nuts worrying about her. You should've seen me the other night with Shiva. She kept belching and looking miserable and I kept having all these horrible scenarios of bloat going through my mind. Charley wasn't panicking, and I had to go to the net to reassure myself that she didn't have bloat. Of course, she was belching, so she wasn't bloating, and there weren't any other symptoms, but I kept waking up all night to check on her. A simethicone capsule did the trick. So, we all freak when something's different with our pups! ;)

pitbulliest

lol yeah no doubt...but I hate some updates on the growth..its starting to look almost scally (although it isn't hard), just like the one she had on her toe...which wasn't serious..just something I had to get removed cuz it looked kinda weird..but anywho, my boyfriend said it looks a little smaller but I dunno..looks the same to me..the shape has kinda changed though..from looking like a perfectly round little cotton ball, to this..almost drained looking flappy skin...I think it may be because she accidently bit down on it while she was eating...its definately attached to the lip though, since you can see the blood in between the growth and the lip (not pouring out or anything lol)...

Well...we'll see what happens. Keep praying guys..please :( Me always so worried about my baby boo *sniff*

Members online

No members online now.