A day at the creek

bogolove

Brady had a fun day at the creek today. Liz stopped by the house with Jenny, and she had her parents dog with her too (her dad was in town visiting and brought Sadie who is a choclate lab like Jenny). There is a wooded area with a creek near us so we took them down there and we can let them off leash there because no one is around and it is mostly woods right beside our houses.

The creek bed is all rock so even though there is water, we can walk right up the creek bed because the water just runs right over the rock and you can walk on it without getting your feet wet in a lot of places.

Brady had a big time. He was running with Jenny up and down the creek bed. There were running and wrestling and exploring with each other. Sadie can't keep up with them as well so she did her own thing and was sniffing all around the woods right beside the creek.

Brady was a muddy mess, but it was worth it since he had so much fun. We noticed that Sadie smelled so bad, and Liz's dad and brother were with us, and Liz's brother kept saying it was the mud. Well, when she got closer to us we noticed she had some kind of poop all over her collar, so we guess she must have rolled in it somewhere. She smelled horrible. Brady and Jenny didn't smell good from the creek water, but Sadie smelled horrible. I was just complimenting her last night because she had a bath yesterday and smelled so good.

All in all, it was a fun day to be a dog.

Sounds like they all had a great time! Mine like to go down to the creek in the woods in the front pasture and they come back all too often stinking of cow. UGH! But they do have fun!

bubbatd

What a fun day !!! I remember my dogs when we lived by a creek.....fun time and smelly dogs !! Not from the creek but from the wonderful things ( to them !) they found to roll in. Decaying animals/ deer poop/ etc etc !!! Neck and collars were caked with these " awfuls " and the kids ( 2 leggers )always got a huge kick of me washing the dogs with me gagging all the way.....

bogolove

LOL! That was Sadie today! She smelled so bad, and it was all over her new pretty purple collar! It is amazing how they can make themselves smell so bad so fast. One day they smell great after a new bath, and the next they are rolling around in poop having a big time.

Members online

No members online now.