LOL! Things Charlie has destroyed in his 1 year of life so far:

A leather recliner
ALL of the carpet in my front room
My central air conditioning unit
2 screen doors

He has been quite an expensive dog!

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Riot was actually a VERY good puppy in that respet. He knew which was his toys and which were my things and rarely touched my things..

OR in his defence he was either a very good puppy or a very dumb puppy.. Before he chewed ANYTHING he'd bring it to me and lay down at my feet with it and stare at me until I gave him the okay to go ahead or ask him to "give" lol

The only thing that he actually destroyed on his own was my cell phone wire charger..

He got prison time for that for a bit. (He has a "bad" kennel" which ishis metal kennel and he has his "good kennel" which is his fabric kennel. He knows the difference between them very well).

R

RedyreRottweilers

For me it is too dangerous for the safety of the puppy to allow it any chance to commit such destruction. It also paves the neural pathways for this behavior to happen again. (And again)

I take great pains to PREVENT a puppy any chance to be destructive, and take every chance to make sure the puppy gets a payoff for choosing the right things to chew when I am home and the puppy is loose in the house. (under my direct supervision, of course)

You can read my puppy training philosophy about this here:

Why Your Puppy Needs A Toybox

Charliesmommy

I run with scissors
For me it is too dangerous for the safety of the puppy to allow it any chance to commit such destruction. It also paves the neural pathways for this behavior to happen again. (And again)

I take great pains to PREVENT a puppy any chance to be destructive, and take every chance to make sure the puppy gets a payoff for choosing the right things to chew when I am home and the puppy is loose in the house. (under my direct supervision, of course)

You can read my puppy training philosophy about this here:

Why Your Puppy Needs A Toybox
Agreed! (now) I just didn't know better before!

Hershey destroyed the floor, and thats it! lol, but Whisper is a bit different, she is chewing on her nylabone, and that is good. :) And I am going to prevent her from tearing the house up. lol

Bob4eva

CrAbS 4 WoRlD dOmInAtIoN!
Cassie has so far chewed off a cupboard door,3 pairs of trainers,and bit a spoon in half.she nearly broke a glass door,by running SMACK into it.

Laverne

Winston got to the cell phone charger (seems to be a popular one), and one of my boyfriend's belts.

To be fair, though, we've been pretty careful about shielding things from his powers of destruction. He just happened to get over his fear of jumping off of our bed while we were sleeping at night. We woke up in the morning and went, "wait - where's... oh boy."

mjb

When Spanky was a puppy a visiting grandmother left her open purse on the floor, and he came in with her chewed up reading glasses in his mouth.

He also reached up and got my son's homework that was dangling from the table and had shredded it by the time we knew he had it. My son decided to tape it back together (it was a piece of paper that had been shredded into about a half dozen pieces) instead of redoing it. I didn't know what his teacher would say, but she laughed and said her dog had done the same thing when he was a puppy. She was a dog lover. She would bring her beagle to school every month or so.

He no longer chews things, but he has begun to dig in our leather chair, and we're working on stopping that now!

SharkyX

Back of the Pack
Hmm...

Cable Tv Remote, Xbox 360 Wireless Controlled, a book I had gotten about 15 pages into (these 3 were all in the span of a week! I was running short on forms of entertainment!)
Some socks, dog bed and the carpet at the old house I rented.
Nothing overly expensive.

Although Tyr chewed up some wood thing of Jenn's she had made during highschool which didn't go over to well :p

Members online

No members online now.