Little Dee (the foal)..

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Gets halter broken.. :D

She's been coming on in leaps and bounds recently, she was a VERY timid foal when she was born and just getting your hands on her was a job in it'self, but she's recently come round to humans, so it's time to get her leading nicely.. It's never too early to start.

So here she is sporting her funky headcollar, she outgrew her foal slip in about a month, so I had to actually go and get a foal headcollar, which is still a bit on the large side.. :rolleyes:

Never fear folks, she is not wearing it ALL the time, only when I am working with her. ;)

MUMMY! Get me out of this thing!

The body is Isla's.. I can't take pics and hold at the same time yet! lol

Et Voila.. The End.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
awww what a cutie.. and ahhh what a bright halter you have there :D
Hee hee.. She's not a Pink girl, nor is she a Purple girl.. So I thought next best thing.. Fluorescent mint green! :rofl1:

At least I know which is mine! lol

Dekka

Just try me..
Yes... NO chance of mistaking that colour (lol I don't know if you guys have them.. but the stores around here sell the most hideous halters in a rainbow of bilious bright neon colours.. the only point being is that you will know its yours and your horse has no hope of loosing it in the field no matter where they ditch it)

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Yes... NO chance of mistaking that colour (lol I don't know if you guys have them.. but the stores around here sell the most hideous halters in a rainbow of bilious bright neon colours.. the only point being is that you will know its yours and your horse has no hope of loosing it in the field no matter where they ditch it)
I have seen them, but only for ponies and horses.. The range of colours in foal headcollars seems to be very limited.. :( Baby blue, Royal blue, Barbie pink, and other such ickyness.. Just because it's a foal, doesn't mean you want to truss them up in a tutu.. LOL!

I personally much prefer leather headcollars, I suppose I am a bit snobby, but there's really no point at the moment if she is only going to have grown out of it in a few months time.

Dekka

Just try me..
I have lots of leather... ahh halters (wow that sounded wrong there for a moment..) But Aven destroys halters weekly.. so I buy cheep nylon ones (they brake as easy as the leather but are a 10th of the cost)

Aria finally fits a leather halter now (she was between sizes for a bit) YAY.

do you guys use fly masks on your horses ever?

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
do you guys use fly masks on your horses ever?
Yeah, although I am a bit disheartened with them to be honest.. I bought Gavotte and Cavan one each of those all over the head, over the ear masks the ones you don't need a headcollar or halter for.. They cost me a small fortune, they were all lined with faux fur to stop rubbing, they were the Rolls Royce of flymasks.. I put them on, fed, left them both for the night (they are in seperate fields).. When I came back in the morning, Cavan's was in SHREDS all over the field.. :rolleyes:

Basically I think he had had some help getting it off, and then decided to rip it up for good measure, or knowing Cavan decided he'd try and eat some of it.. "How dare that human lady make me wear this stupid thing" :mad:

So Cavan, who is capable of getting a rug and headcollar off in seconds in the field has to only have fly repellent along with La La because I have never found a Shetland sized mask over here, and the fringes are all soooo long that she has trouble eating with it on, and her ladyship Gavotte has her mask.. Although having said that, the flies haven't been nearly as bad this year as they were last year..

Lovely little filly!!!!!

I have found with flymasks the horses seem more tolerant of the ones that just go over the eyes than the all over the face and ears ones.

Members online

No members online now.