CM gets bitten... again (vid included)

rubygirl

I choose this forum because of that Emily. People with an alternative, be it macho or just inexperienced attitude who throw around killing as if its just a closing of a door never stay long.

This isn't the place for such a lack of value for the life of humans or dogs.
If you want to speak to me then address me. Don't speak as if I'm not here.
I like forums for information.
I didn't know oppositional views were so faux pas in this forum! Interesting.
She's not agreeing with everything we are saying, grab the pitchforks! Oy.

It's not ego but anger- yes I can admit it. As I stated before-- I imagine a child's face rather then Cesar's hand (an 18 month old baby's face to be precise).
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. ~Buddha

And that is ego.

rubygirl

When you state that all your dog's food belongs to you and you have the right to do whatever you wish with it, there's no other word for that but "ego".
All I can do is laugh at this one. Ok, I'm egotistical. Maybe even a narcissist...?
Yeah.... just like Cesar is an animal abuser and a sadist. :rolleyes:

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
It's not bashing people who don't have kids. It's that one has to admit that they don't understand the bond between a mother and her children and how that is a very unique and powerful thing. There is no explanation. A person has to experience it...
Wow. You guys are very sensitive. You defend a dog to the death but not a child that could potentially get mauled....
My Great Dane client could potentially knock over and kill a child. Why does the mother of said child do? Work with the Dane on calm behaviors and work with the child be away from the dog when it's active. She also teaches her older child to not hype the dog up, seems reasonable, but then again she could just kill the dog and start over until she finds a spiritless dud.

It's not ego but anger- yes I can admit it. As I stated before-- I imagine a child's face rather then Cesar's hand (an 18 month old baby's face to be precise).
See, and i watch that and KNOW it would not my my child's face. They know not to treat dogs like that. An 18 month old baby would never be put in that predicament.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
If you want to speak to me then address me. Don't speak as if I'm not here.
I like forums for information.
I didn't know oppositional views were so faux pas in this forum! Interesting.
She's not agreeing with everything we are saying, grab the pitchforks! Oy.
If I wanted to speak to you I would. This seemingly goes beyond this one case. You appear to be claiming you believe dogs who act like dogs and react to a forced stimuli should be killed and lack worth. That is not disagreeing that is viewing dogs completely differently than the majority on this forum do.

Stay, go, whatever you choose. I am just happy we rarely have people who so blatantly lack regard for dogs here. Sorry if my blunt evaluations upset you.

Other forums are quick to pull the "shoot the dog" card, I choose this one because it is not. There is a grey area between squishy fur babies and livestock, I enjoy the fact this forum is almost always a quaint shade of grey.

Doberluv

Spoken like a childless person... you DON'T understand.
What is this bit about childless or having children? It seems like you're on a mission. :rofl1: Many of us, myself included have children. Some people here don't have children but may have grandchildren, nieces and nephews who come to visit or have neighbor children around. Who knows? We all know how dangerous a dog can be, especially around children since they're so small and right at the level of most dogs' mouths. Of course, we all want to preserve children and don't want them to be maimed or killed. I don't think anyone here, at least to my estimation want to see children hurt by a dog. Do you really think that not having children means that people don't care about or have an inkling that dogs can hurt children and that children should be protected?

I think it's unconscionable to think it's okay to do anything close to what CM did to that dog, ESPECIALLY if you want to keep children safe. EEE GAWDS.

There are certain kinds of dogs that I wouldn't have if I had children in my house....unstable, screwed up, dangerous dogs that have a marginal prognosis for becoming safe. There are lots of dogs that I would not have period. I don't know this dog. All we see is this video. Maybe the dog is rotten through and through and has issues in other areas. But from just this one video, I couldn't jump the gun and say the dog should be pts. No way. If it's just this and nothing else, I'd say the dog didn't have to be brought to a point way over it's threshold. That was the owner's choice ultimately and to have CM come in to cause that kind of damage.

rubygirl

I really don't know what else to say guys. Don't welcome the newbie because her views are oppositional... I feel like I've been fairly respectful (albiet a little straightforward) and I have just expressed my feelings/thoughts on the subject.
I WILL NOT tolerate a dog attacking for ANY reason. I would put that particular dog down or send it somewhere (like Cesar's rehabilitation centre) where it is always supervised and kept away from the general public.
Yes some may have the abilities to cope with such a dog but I have 2 small children to think about. Heck, even if that dog bit me or my husband I would kill it (my husband would just break its neck without another thought).
Maybe that's ego or anger but I don't really give a d@mn.
You guys have flamed me and I've tolerated it but now I'm just getting fed up. I appreciate your opinions although mine differs MAJORLY. I stand by how I feel.
I will now leave this thread be, only BECAUSE I don't want to get angry...

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
You really are comfortable with a human who'll break a dogs neck without a thought? Have you ever killed a dog without your car?

I am wondering if the lack of understand is why you are so comfortable with smiting out a life.

Meaning, I don't know that I believe you would see it the same as squashing a spider if you actually had to do it.

rubygirl

My Great Dane client could potentially knock over and kill a child. Why does the mother of said child do? Work with the Dane on calm behaviors and work with the child be away from the dog when it's active. She also teaches her older child to not hype the dog up, seems reasonable, but then again she could just kill the dog and start over until she finds a spiritless dud.
Sorry I have to address this. Just because a dog isn't aggressive doesn't mean that it is "a spiritless dud". It's sad if that is what you truly believe.
My girls got spunk. Ugh she can be stubborn and obstinate. She just doesn't attack people around her food...

If you think you've been flamed . . . you probably need to be extremely careful about where you interact on the internet and find someplace where everyone agrees with you 100% since any sort of disagreement with you, in your view of the world, seems to constitute "flaming."

This has been tame and tolerant, even by our generally civil standards.

rubygirl

You really are comfortable with a human who'll break a dogs neck without a thought? Have you ever killed a dog without your car?

I am wondering if the lack of understand is why you are so comfortable with smiting out a life.

Meaning, I don't know that I believe you would see it the same as squashing a spider if you actually had to do it.
I would really question my husband if he didn't defend his family. The neck breaking was a bit exaggerated...

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Sorry I have to address this. Just because a dog isn't aggressive doesn't mean that it is "a spiritless dud". It's sad if that is what you truly believe.
My girls got spunk. Ugh she can be stubborn and obstinate. She just doesn't attack people around her food...
Hopeful for her sake she's not too stubborn, word on the street is its of to the shoot range if you cross the handler.

In all seriousness where do you draw the line? What causes you to break your dogs necks?

And, I think if this dog had actually attacked more people would be saying, yes, this is a case where PTS may be the best. BUT, the dog did not just attack. Milan entered into a FIGHT with this dog and the dog eventually gave in and fought back - - BIG HUGE difference

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I would really question my husband if he didn't defend his family.
Your husband is that small that a simple dog needs a battle cry of defense ?

My other half has weapons, he's a weapon addict. We also train "balanced" and he's no nonsense in many regards but he's educated and confident enough to know a dog bite doesn't require magnum force.

I'm trying to understand but we're getting lost in translation.

Taqroy

If you feel you are getting flamed and that everyone here is picking on you, don't you think that maybe, just maybe there's a reason for it? I know that if I received this kind of reaction to an opinion I would probably re-examine exactly why I felt that way and see if the people "attacking" me had a point. You said you want to learn - this is a prime opportunity.

Members online

No members online now.