Gone But Not Forgotten.

~Tucker&Me~

Little girl, precious young one. We saw you lying on the cold concrete and pulled over to check and see if you were still living. As I stooped down over your malnourished, little white and tabby body, I gently touched you. You were still warm, and your body was still limp, having not yet stiffened with death. Although I knew in my heart that your time was up, I picked you up ever so slowly and gently, making sure to ease your little, broken, bloody body into the crook of my arm. Such a beautiful little animal. You still looked perfect, except for the mask of blood that covered one half of your lovely little face. We brought you into the car and took you to the vet. Along the way I stroked your neck soothingly and told you of better things. In my loving arms, I comforted you, making sure to keep you warm and comfortable. Upon arriving at the vets, all the staff shook their heads and murmered to themselves sadly as they looked at you. Such a sad sight.

They pronounced you dead upon arrival.

Poor little girl. Why does your story have to end in such sadness? Why must your precious little life be ripped from you so cruelly? I do not know, and unfortunately I cannot give you these answers.

Where were your owners? Why did they not keep such a young kitten safe, tucked in her bed? I do not know.

Why did the person who hit you not stop and check on you? Or at least move your body to the side, out of the reach of speeding cars. I don't know.

I do know, however, that on the last night of your short life, that you were loved dearly. As I tenderly held you in my arms, I wished you all the best. I loved you like I love my own animals. And on that cold, unforgiving night that you died, you can know you were loved and will be missed.

Today, the rain has come. I'm sure the only thing left to prove your existence in this cold world was the splatter of blood on the road. And now, even it has gone, having been washed away in the rain. Please know though, that you are not forgotten. Today I grieved, and tomorrow and forever I will remember.

Run at the bridge, little one. And know that, forever and always, you are loved and cherished. The people on this earth did not deserve you.

Now, you are on to bigger and better things.

RIP, sweet angel kitten.

Last edited:

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
Tucker bless you and those like you. If the world would only get more that felt like this animals will no longer suffer, That was beautifully written and if anyone can turn away and not feel the sadness you do well what does it say ?
I am sorry you had to be the one to find this poor kitten and yet happy you did. The memory will live with you a lifetime and know this at least you gave a darn.

*Amy*

That made me cry. I'll never understand why such wonderful creatures have to sometimes die horrible deaths. So soon in their lives, too. Some people are horrible. You're a wonderful person for doing what you did. Atleast for a few minutes, that kitten knew it was loved.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
That kitten was very lucky to have you with her for her final moments. I will never understand how people can be so horrible :(

RIP, little girl.

~Tucker&Me~

Thanks so much everyone :(.

I can't stop thinking about it and it's driving me crazy... *sigh*

~Tucker

Members online

No members online now.