Animal Welfare League of Queensland

mrose_s

BusterLove
I found a great site (in my sig) i figure if anyone lives on the goldcoast, QLD Australia, this might interest you.
I figure I will use this post to pick one dog every week from their site, post a pic of that dog and the blurb written beside it.

ANd this weeks dog is

JOEY the greyhound

Joey 55969

Joey is a black and white greyhound. Despite their great speed and prowess in the field and on the track, Greyhounds are surprisingly docile and relaxed companions. They are gentle, sensitive dogs who do need careful training to curb its chase instinct and are therefore not generally recommended with smaller animals. They are known as the 'couch potato' of the dog world and need little exercise. Joey is a very affectionate gentleman and he is okay with other dogs. He is 4 years old.

taratippy

He is one gorgeous young man and Im sure he'd make a wonderful pet, as all greyhounds do, for any family. Well done you

mrose_s

BusterLove
I was thinking, when i get older, im going to rescue greyhounds, have a heap of couch ptatoes that i'll do lure coursing with and stuff, sounds nice

mrose_s

BusterLove
Ok, this weeks dog is.

Barney

Barney 57089

This majestic fellow is named Barney and he is a mixture of Weimaraner, Irish Wolfhound and Great Dane. He is a gentleman through and through, and was with us recently but returned from his new home because their fencing wasn't quite adequate for this huge woof. Barney is a beautiful natured boy who is apparently very well behaved in the house, doesn't jump up, and is very calm in his manner generally. He is great with other dogs and with cats. He walks well on his lead without pulling at all, and everyone who meets him comments on those gorgeous eyes! Barney knows 'sit' and 'go to bed' and will apparently curl up on a cushion in a corner quite happily. Barney just needs lots of love and high fences. He is a darling who will make someone a very loving and devoted pet, being very happy to follow his people around and lie at their feet!

mrose_s

BusterLove

Jasmine 56479

Huge, furry, active and cuddly sums up Jasmine! She is a mixture of Maremma and German Shepherd, and she needs good fencing as well as obedience training. Jasmine is 4 years old and was surrendered because her owner had a new baby. She is good with children but very boisterous, so young children are not really suited with her. She is not a fan of other dogs or cats so she needs to be the only pet in the household. Jasmine has been an outside pet so she hasn't been housetrained yet. She enjoys car outings and water play.

Members online

No members online now.