How sensitive are you to caffeine?

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I don't drink it very often. Not for any kind of health reason; I simply don't usually go for drinks that are caffeinated. I'm a high-energy morning person, so I rarely even drink coffee.

But for that reason, caffeine hits me like a sledgehammer. I just finished a 12-oz mug of expresso, and I'm twitching and tweaking like mad, LOL. My usual ferrety tendencies are in overdrive. YAY! *spins in circles, stopping to look at sparkly things*

How sensitive are you to caffeine? I've had coworkers who could drink endless cups of coffee yet don't seem affected by it at all. Yeah....not me, LOL.

Rach

I can drink from the time I wake to the time I go to sleep. My head hits the pillow and I'm out!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Very much so. Like you, I don't drink caffeine very much at all..but when I do my usual quirky already kind of twitchy self goes into over-drive.

Normally, I pace when nervous and it's kind of obvious.
Some caffeine and I'm eroding a track in the floor lol

Soda and tea, I can drink mass quantities and not be affected. Coffee however, ... I am not a coffee drinker, just this past year I made myself start liking frappucinos and mochas. They can make me shaky if I am not careful but its also nice to get a bit of a jolt because sometimes I need it - not good I know.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Not overly affected. I love a cup of coffee in the morning especially with my favorite flavored creamers (they are my guilty pleasure) but I am just as able to get up and go in the morning without my coffee/caffeine. I love my coffee more because it's just a nice warm mug of something tasty in the morning where I can take a moment and sit and enjoy it but I don't NEED the caffeine to get up and go and it doesn't really affect me in any noticeable ways

CaliTerp07

Not very affected at all. I regularly drink tea before bed with no effect. I rarely drink soda (once or twice a week), and I'm fairly certain it's a mental thing that gives me any additional spunk.

I don't drink coffee.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
It barely (if at all) affects me. I feel the same before a cup of coffee, pop, tea etc than I do after. I've never been able to relate to people who say they can't have caffeine before bedtime, only one cup/day etc. Even energy drinks - some have a small affect on me but definitely don't get me spun!

Kimbers

Not too much.
When I was younger, my best friend and I would down gallons of coffee, tea, Red Bulls, and anything else with caffeine in it to keep ourselves awake into the wee hours of the morning.
I'd still pass out the minute we started a movie. lol

kady05

I don't drink soda (I might have like.. maybe 5 sodas in a year) or coffee, so very rarely do I get anything with caffeine in it. But when I do, it has the opposite effect that it's supposed to. I completely crash like 30min. after drinking soda, it's so weird. Last time I had any was on New Year's Eve last year and I wanted to go to sleep shortly after LOL.

Caffeine in pill form though, like cold medicine or Excedrin, OMG I can't do it.. it makes me feel like my heart is going to explode.

I just finished a 12-oz mug of expresso, and I'm twitching and tweaking like mad, LOL. My usual ferrety tendencies are in overdrive. YAY! *spins in circles, stopping to look at sparkly things*
Ummm, most people would be, lol. The usual serving size of espresso is 1 ounce and has almost the equivalent caffeine content as 1 cup of coffee. :yikes:

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Not so much.

I don't drink coffee so I don't know, maybe that would affect me. But pop? Naw. I have a Dr. Pepper every night before bed. And I sleep just fine, in fact I think I'd have trouble sleeping WITHOUT it. :p

Energy drinks don't do anything to me either. I rarely drink them, usually they are just reserved for Black Friday so that I can stay up for 24 hours, but I've never felt any more energized after having one. Unfortunately. lol.

Kilter

VERY!

The only thing is if I have coffee in the afternoon, after 2 or so, it doesn't affect me until 2-3 AM. Meaning I go to bed and can sleep just fine, but then am wide awake around that time. From a sound sleep to ugh, can't sleep and am tired... Yesterday at 4 had maybe 2 oz of coffee that was leftover and yup, up for a few hours in the middle of the night.

I have coffee in the morning and that's it.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Not so much.

I don't drink coffee so I don't know, maybe that would affect me. But pop? Naw. I have a Dr. Pepper every night before bed. And I sleep just fine, in fact I think I'd have trouble sleeping WITHOUT it. :p

Energy drinks don't do anything to me either. I rarely drink them, usually they are just reserved for Black Friday so that I can stay up for 24 hours, but I've never felt any more energized after having one. Unfortunately. lol.
Same with energy drinks here

Our last trip to disney we made a pit stop and grabbed a "5 hour energy". Yeah right. First off, it was NASTY tasting and second I would rather have just had a cup of coffee. It didn't do a darn thing for me let alone 5 hours worth

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Ummm, most people would be, lol. The usual serving size of espresso is 1 ounce and has almost the equivalent caffeine content as 1 cup of coffee. :yikes:
I shouldn't have called it espresso, sorry. It's plain ol' coffee. The bean we use at home is called "espresso roast", but we make it just like your average joe: typical grind, same run-of-the-mill drip coffee maker.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I used to think I wasn't affected by caffeine. Cause I can drink coffee/tea, etc in the evening and it doesn't keep me up. But when I DON'T drink it, I get super tired, and my head hurts terribly. I can't have it on this diet (I can have the coffee but not the milk and sugar) and its KILLING me.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I have anxiety issues and a sleep disorder, so I stay far away from caffeine. If I'm stupid and I drink a coke or something (extremely rare as I'm not fond of colas) it will make my heart race.

Members online

No members online now.