identify this puppy

eeknom

THe person I got it from said it was a German Shepard and Labrador mix. But the vet said he was some kind of terrier. And another vet said he was something else. Can anyone take a guess as what this little guy might be.

You can definitely see the Shepherd! You'll have a better idea as he gets older and you see how big he is and what kind of behaviour he has.

Whatever else he is, he's a darling, sturdy puppy and he looks like he's going to be a beautiful dog!

eeknom

thank you renee. I was kind of wary about him being a shepard becuase hes so runty and has stubby legs :|

Another thing that will give you a clue is if you look at what kinds of dogs are in the neighborhood he came from. I really do think he's a great looking pup, and those legs just look good and sturdy to me.

Jazzie

I think he looks beautiful.Deffo lots of Shephard there,i lost my shepphard of 12 years about 6 months ago and he was a fantastic dog.

Debi

I sure see the shepard in him. And those legs looks sturdy..with the big paws. I could show you shepard pups that my neighbor has........the little body looks the same. They have those little fat, sturdy legs as well. He is a sweetie for sure, no matter what!! He is totally ADORABLE! Love his color!

eeknom

well its been probably 10 months from those pictures and he hasn't grown that much so i dunno. i thought shepards and labs are supposed to get big :| haven't got around to taking new pics

Zoeesgurl

I was thinking shepard duck troller, not sure if thats the right name but i know troller is part of it.

eeknom said:
well its been probably 10 months from those pictures and he hasn't grown that much so i dunno. i thought shepards and labs are supposed to get big :| haven't got around to taking new pics
Maybe it's a Lab/Collie...how old is it and how big is it now?

Actually, a GSD/Border Collie or the Lab mix would be a good guess, I think. It's very possible, too, that there are a few other breeds thrown in the mix. I would tend to think that if there were very much Lab you would have the longer legs.

A few breed its seems to be:
German Shepherd
Chow Chow
Labrador Retriever

I think its a German Shepherd/ Chow Chow mix. His ears and fur looks like a Chow's and the facial muzzle area looks a German Shepherd.

bogolove

Those ears remind me of how Brady's are. He puts them up on his head like that, it is so cute. Your dog is a really good looking pup. I would love to see some recent pics of him. What does his tail look like? I can't really tell.

eeknom

my camera isn't really working but hes still has the stubby legs, and longer fur. I think im gonna have to sell him away because im moving out to college, and my parents are not animal lovers . :(

Members online

No members online now.