Dock Diving

Lizmo

Water Junkie
ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Pictures (like a million, Tollers, Dobes, Border Collies, Paps, Labs, and many MANY more!) to follow. :D

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I wanna see!

Though I am amazed they got paps to jump INTO the water lol. Mine hate it with a catlike passion. We had a fiasco trying to acclimate Summer more to the pool today. My brilliant idea of trying to warm her up to the first step (she'd started doing that on her own sometimes) didn't work when she spazzed and ended up somehow doing a backflip into the pool, then thought she was drowning and I had to go save her.

I did know someone that taught their pap to surf on a kickboard and their dog actually jumps into the water. I am SO jealous. I spend all my time in the water but my dogs hate it. My next dog needs to like swimming, lol.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
My kids should be able to water retrieve ducks. Yet neither dog likes water deeper than they ca stand in, AND it has to be a gradual decent like a lake edge....

I wish mine would play.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I have so wanted to do this but it is just too expensive. I am green with envy. Can't wait to see your pics!

I'd love to let Tallulah try it, but there isn't any dock diving around here. One of her favorite games is to run to the end of the deck and launch herself off the end (it's only a few inches off the ground on that end) as far out as she can. Lilshit can get some real distance, lol!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THE dock diving org here wants 20 dollars practice fee. THey meet once a month at different locations. I wish they would just build one at the off leash park. I don't really want to compete, it is just something i think Victor would adore. I just want to let him try it.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Oh. Atleast you have one in your area. I have no idea what I'm going to do, but I'm going to find a way to compete with Blaze - somehow.

MH<3dogs

We have a pond to the side of our apartment that we let the dogs go swimming in. There is a small dock there that Hannah started jumping off. So the other day we held her back a good 10 feet or so and boy can she jump. There is a place about 2 hours from here that does it. Maybe once we pass a few Obedience classes we can go try it out. :)

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
We have a decent amount of dock dogs here. Once registered for a heat, you can go practice jump in the pool. Only my kids won't jump even in life jackets. There's a 2 day event coming up here locally, but it's pointless for me to go sadly.

dogsarebetter

EVIL SHELTIES!!!!
Chance would had made an awesome dock diving dog. he loved water and would actually run full speed and jump off of the boat dock here at the lake near my house. Ruckus would just watch him like "umm no way"

Dekka

Just try me..
Dekka loves DD. She screams at the other dogs when they jump.. (its her pool don't you know) She is small and doesn't jump far (about 7 feet) but hey she loves it. Zo reallllly loved DD. SHe would start screaming in excitement as soon as she was up on the dock and saw the water!

Its a fun sport. I have found the people really friendly and its easy to get into.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Kim, already contacted Nancy at DixieDockDogs. :) Just looking at the calander for DockDogs.com, DixieDockDogs seems to have alot of practices at different sites in and around the Atlanta area. Which isn't bad. Atlanta is only 2.5 hours away. But I think I'm going to train mostly on my own. 2.5 hours is a long way for just a couple hours practice.

Tenitively I'm looking at a competition in August.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Haha, should've known youd beat me to it!

If you're coming this way anytime let me know! I'd get Enzo involved, but she's not very toy driven.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Haha, should've known youd beat me to it!

If you're coming this way anytime let me know! I'd get Enzo involved, but she's not very toy driven.
What about Oz? Does he jump far? I could see Oz doing the Extreme Vertical. :D

I'll let you know. Right now I don't see anything in the Atlanta area as far as competitions go.

Next year you need to come down to the Aflac Outdoor Games in Columbus.

Members online

No members online now.