The Official "What are you reading" Thread

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
i'm currently reading the first trilogy in the World of Warcraft novels, The War of the Ancients

it's super good. fits my interests perfectly.
hi i'm a huge nerd. :D

zoe08

I was wondering how those World of Warcraft novels were...I love the game, but wasn't sure if I could get into the novels.

I am currently reading Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks.

Miakoda

If you like Dekker, I enjoyed his Circle Trilogy (well, it was a trilogy, but he added a fourth book to that plus the spinoff books). The ones I enjoyed were the color books. Black, White, Red and Green.
I have and have read all his books! And Frank Parretti will be coming out with a new one in March (I believe). I've already pre-ordered it for my nook. :D

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I don't know what to read next....

I have like a million samples downloaded on my Kindle but none of them really make me go "OMG I need to read the rest of this." (Like The Hunger Games did. lol).

I'm thinking I might give Eragon a shot just since it seems like everyone else likes it. Even though I have a feeling I won't.
Either that, or Divergent by Veronica Roth.

mrose_s

BusterLove
I'm reading "Temple" by Matthew Reilley atm. Having real trouble getting into it. Its too "adventury" wheras I like reading a lot more thriller type books.
I havn't read a book in years - i got a kobo for christmas so I'm finally inspired to get back into it now.

Last edited:

Doberluv

I'm reading The Sons of the Prophets, by William C. Speidel. It's a very good book about early Seattle, the founders and history...very well written and interesting/entertaining with a lot of surprises about who actually did what...surprises because some of these facts go against what common rumor has been all along. Some of the early founders are people some of my ancestors knew. For instance, the Denny family is one where one of their decedents lived with my Grandmother and Grandfather on Bainbridge Island....on their property in a little cabin. This guy, Andrew was stinkin' rich but lived the most frugal way anyone could live. He had only books for possessions basically. I remember as a kid, with my cousins visiting with him. He was very nice, but rather reclusive.

Another name discussed in the book is my Grandfather's name, my mom's maiden name. So, my great grandfather owned a lot of land in Seattle. One area is named after him. It's a hilly area. I don't want to share that name for privacy reasons. But he lost it all during the depression.

Anyhow, this is a really interesting book. Seattle has a fascinating history, having begun to be settled not where it is now, but in the Alki area of west Seattle...where my daughter lives. It turned out to be too windy there to make a good port. The ships would have a heck of time getting in and out, so they moved it to the head of the harbor. (Elliot Bay) And whenever I am at my daughter's, frequently, it is unbelievably windy, so I can see why....waves lashing up against the bulkhead at Alki. Well, if you're interested in Seattle's history, get this book. lol. *chuckles*

Joseph Campbell's The Masks of God. I've got two of the four volumes, Primitive Mythology and Occidental Mythology and have wound up reading them both at the same time, lol.

Oh, and I've got 78 Degrees of Wisdom going, too, but I've read it before (a couple of times) and am skipping around in it.

And The Silver Branch.

elegy

overdogged
Lost on Planet China: One Man's Attempt to Understand the World's Most Mystifying Nation by J. Maarten Troost, who wrote The Sex Lives of Cannibals. It's not as funny as I had hoped, but it's not bad.

And Mastiff by Tamora Pierce. Also not amazing, but not-amazing new Tamora Pierce is better than no Tamora Pierce!

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I have A Certain Slant of Light, also by Laura Whitcomb, downloaded to my Kindle next.
Finished "A Certain Slant of Light". It was a pretty good read.

Also finished "Power of Six" (Book two in the Lorien Legacies) by Pitacus Lore. Anxiously waiting for book three later this year (Rise of Nine).

Currently about a third of the way through "Merciless" by Robin Parrish. It's book 3 in his Dominion Trilogy. Fans of Ted Dekker would like these. Book one was a freebie for my Kindle from the Amazon Kindle Store. I guess it was smart, because they got my money for 2 and 3, then. http://www.amazon.com/Relentless-Do...7BU2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1327034146&sr=8-5

Miakoda

I'm rereading the Hunger Games trilogy while I ride my exercise bike. It's a book that keeps me interested and pumped up. lol

Other than that one, I'm reading some freebies from B&N. As soon as I finish this book, I'm reading Immanuel's Veins by Dekker as that's the one book of his I haven't read yet.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I just started reading The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz. I've never read a Kootze before so it shall be an adventure and I though a good place to start would be this book because it has dogs in it..So far so good.

Red.Apricot

I just started reading The Darkest Evening of the Year by Dean Koontz. I've never read a Kootze before so it shall be an adventure and I though a good place to start would be this book because it has dogs in it..So far so good.
His Watchers is pretty good, too. Most of his books are highly similar, though.

Paige

Let it be
Frankenstein. Not very far into it. About to curl up and get reading right now.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I'm rereading the Hunger Games trilogy while I ride my exercise bike. It's a book that keeps me interested and pumped up. lol
I'm about 2/3 of the way through book 1. It is shaping up to be a book that I can't put down. I stayed up late last night pouring through "part II".

Members online

No members online now.