Girly Stuff

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I almost always braid or french braid my hair right before going to sleep...

Now that my hair is long enough I've been french braiding it at night. Years ago before I had cut it all off and had long hair I usually would just throw it back in a braid because I didn't like it on my neck or face at night.

I'm excited to see how everyone does with the OCM! A forum wide experiment!

Now I am wondering if I should just start out by washing my face with olive oil and Caster oil and just add in other stuff later. LINDSAY!!!

I am really hoping the OCM works, although my face is not really prone to blemishes its really sensitive and after by Best friends wedding Blemishes started popping up on my face. I blame the pounds of make up we had to wear, they did not start showing up until the next morning. GRR!!!
I don't know!! I've only been doing this a month and I think it's a lot of trial and error. I've been using olive oil the past week but I think I like the avocado oil better but it hasn't been bad. I need to go to the store this week and pick out some more to experiment with. But I know a lot o people use virgin Olive oil with the castor oil and it's been working well for my sister!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Can you post a pic of how you do it? I would like to try ... Do you do it wet of dry?
My camcorder is dead from a seminar I went to but I'll charge it and see if I can recruit hubby.

I always braid it dry. If I braid it wet, it seems like it's harder on the hair and fairly often it's still damp in the morning when I wake up.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
OH ok lol, which oil is best for hair? I have heard a lot of folks use coconut oil for their hair ... Where do you get it? Can you find it at Walmart? If not we have speciality food stores if they don't have it. I have dry, curly hair that is prone to frizz ... Would this work to my type of hair?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
OH ok lol, which oil is best for hair? I have heard a lot of folks use coconut oil for their hair ... Where do you get it? Can you find it at Walmart? If not we have speciality food stores if they don't have it.
Walmart, trader joe's, whole foods..
I prefer coconut oil for the hair. The smell is nice and it seems to work best for my thick curly hair

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Great, that's what I have, thick curly, dry hair that tends to frizz.

Is there any mixing involved with coconut oil? Or do you just put it on your hair straight?
I don't mix it with anything. I applied it, let it sit for as long as possible (I let it sit overnight usually) then shampoo it out in the morning and condition as normal.
Sometimes I apply a bit more after I style it if I used heat

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Leave it on overnight? Doesn't it like get your pillow & everything all greasy?
I just laid a towel over my pillow and used a cheap pillow case I don't really like just in case. You don't have to keep it overnight, I've heard plenty of people that just slather it on 30 minutes before hand.

It also worked pretty well for me as just a styling tool.. I took a shower, washed my hair as normal and applied a bit after to give my hair some healthy oil so I wouldn't be dealing with the "washed my hair this morning" curly frizz as I usually do.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My hairis horrible. It is very thin and greasy looking no matter what I do. < a day after I wash it it looks bad. :(

So I got some Hemp Seed Oil today instead of the Avocado oil I went out for, mainly because Fruitful Yield doesn't have Avocado oil cold pressed at all. Going to look at the grocery store next time I go to see if they have it in their cooking isle.

Wanted to throw this link out there since I was saying I haven't done this long term Oil Cleansing Method Update

It was good to see that!

In other news I picked up this mascara Mineral Fusion Mascara while at the store and really liked how it looked when I just put it on now. Interested to see how it seems at the end of the day!

Used BB cream for the first time today....eh, not sure I like it. It feels almost the same (actually almost heavier which is weird) than a foundation to me. Maybe its the sunscreen in it? I dont wear sunscreen very often at all. Or maybe its because I usually moisturize with real natural oils vs the one thats in it? Oh well, fun to try anyways.

Think I am going to experiment with making a tinted moisturizer myself.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I did the OCM last night with Avocado oil and a touch of castor oil. I really liked it, I think the next batch I make I am going to use even less castor oil, but for the next few days I will use the batch I just made. I did 90% Avocado oil and 10% castor oil.

My face felt a touch greasy afterwards, but it quickly soaked into my skin, and I did not feel like I had to put lotion on my face after washing it. This morning my face felt really nice and soft and my Blemishes look a lot smaller, WOO HOO. But I did put lotion on my face after washing it. I am really excited to keep on trying it :)

Members online

No members online now.