Earthborn

JacksonsMom

Anyone ever fed it with good results?

I bought a sample bag today, and Jackson SCARFED it down.

I got Great Plains Feast, and then I bought a big bag of the Meadow Feast (no sample bags of it). First, he loves large kibble and the Great Plains one is even bigger than Acana/Orijen. Haven't opened Meadow Feast yet, though, so don't know what that ones like kibble-size wise.

Our local Pet Valu is 5 mins away from my house and sells it and I went in there today and WOW, the place is sooo nice. They expanded and re-designed the whole place and there's a big dog wash in the back now, looks super nice.

ANYWAYS... I like that it's a 6lb bag and I'm paying less than I was for a 5lb bag of Acana Singles. It was $15.99 for the 6lb bag of Meadow Feast and, I think, $16.99 for Great Plains. Oh and I love the fact that it's 5 mins away from my house - I hate going to the store where they sell the Singles food, it's near the mall, farther away, bad traffic.

Here's always done well on lamb, which is why I was going to try the meadow feast, it seems sort of similar to lamb & apple. He's never had bison before, so I guess we'll get the trial bag and see how it goes. Never heard anything bad about Midwestern Pet Foods, either, personally.

So, anyways, here's the Great Plains ingredients (the one he gobbled up)

Bison Meal, Peas, Pea Protein, Tapioca, Dried Egg Product, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Flaxseed, Lamb Meal, Pea Fiber, Natural Flavors, Blueberry Fiber, Cranberry Fiber, Apples, Blueberries, Carrots, Spinach, Cranberries, Choline Chloride, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Taurine, L-Carnitine, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Salt, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Yucca Schidgera Extract, Rosemary Extract, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product.

Crude Protein, not less than 34.00%
Crude Fat, not less than 18.00%
Crude Fiber, not more than 4.00%
Moisture, not more than 10.00%
Calcium, not less than 1.50%
Phosphorus, not less than 1.10%
Vitamin E, not less than 300 IU/kg
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), not less than 100 mg/kg*
L-Carnitine, not less than 15 mg/kg*
Taurine, not less than 0.05%*
Omega-6 Fatty Acids, not less than 2.60%*
Omega-3 Fatty Acids, not less than 1.90%*
Docasahexaenoic Acid (DHA), not less than 0.20%*

*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.

3675 (M.E. Calculated, as fed) kilo-calories per kg/430 (M.E. Calculated, as fed) kilo-calories per cup.

Carbohydrates - 25.0%

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
It's a pretty popular brand on the boxer forum, no complaints. I know one of my coworkers feeds it to her Aussie mix and he does just fine with it, and my sister's cat likes it lol.

I've tossed around the idea of trying it. I just don't know if I care for all the stuff in-between the bison meal and lamb meal.

Members online

No members online now.