Pepper and Victor

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Pepper has been with us over 2 years now. The acceptance by Victor has been slow. He tolerated her. SHe became the punk sister. ok enough but not like hanging out..allowed to run along. Then Mary passed away and things changed again. They became a little closer. Higgs came over that day and was absolutely horrid. He started humping Pepper and had his legs locked into her sides, she was pinned between the sofa and the fireplace. Before i could get there Victor was in Higg's face with HUGE pupils and a posture that said NO better than I could. Pepper and Victor's relationship changed again after this. She would lean her head ever so gently on him when they walked on leash, he would give her a little kiss and I had a kodak moment. There were other tender signs between them. And now this.
T

Not their usual wide race about play is it. No king of the castle, Not like tug either. They have not done THIS before and I sure am glad they are now. Makes my heart all warm and fuzzy so I thought I would share.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Bronki and Mary played like this. They adored each other, and were so careful and tender.

I had posted the wrong address, sorry I corrected it.

Don't you love seeing that? :) My three play like that. Of course, they play rough, too, sometimes, lol . . . REALLY rough. But that soft play shows all the love. I'm so glad Vic and Pepper have that now :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
He has always been incredibly tender with people, but he didn't display this way with dogs. They were for romping, chasing, and such, but I see licks, and nibbles in there from both of them. I feel like celebrating. He took a lot of reassurance that I loved him as much as always but I have also let him know I love Pepper equally. That was kinda hard for him to accept.

It's funny, but Tallulah's gone the other way. She now would rather be with Bimmer and Kharma than around other people.

Can't say that I blame her -- the way people act around her :mad:

Members online

No members online now.