What a way to be jolted awake!

Doberluv

http://www.loopnet.com/property/15554470/2717-61st-Ave-SW/

(see the building)

I woke up to the sounds of sirens this morning around 6. When the sirens stopped, I knew something was happening close by, got up, looked outside and the over 100 year old Alki Homestead (now) restaurant's roof was on fire. It's right next to my daughter's apartment where I'm staying.

This beautiful, historic log cabin, the first on Alki where Seattle was first settled, where the city was planned to be but was moved across the bay looked like it could burn to the ground. There were 8 fire and emergency vehicles out there. Thank goodness it appeared to be contained to just a portion of the roof. It was very disturbing to think this could have been worse. It is a landmark whose character is the essence of early Seattle.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
That's a shame. I had 7 trucks at my housefire that looked from the outside like it was only one area of the roof but it was inside a total loss. TO lose such a historical building is a tragedy.

Doberluv

Oh no! It didn't burn down at all. Just a little bit of the roof got burned. It's going to be fine. Thank goodness!

Members online